Late Term and Child Loss

Good Morning, unfortunately I am new here.

Good Morning! Unfortunately being on this board means DH and I have suffered a loss. Keegan, our only child, passed away December 6, 2011 due to Disseminated Medulloblastoma (brain cancer). He was 2 years 2 months old. 

Keegan was diagnosed at 7 months old after he exhibited flu like symptoms for about 24 hours, turns out it wasn't the flu, just a massive 8 cm tumor in my baby's brain pushing on his brain stem. 

He fought this ugly beast for 19 months finally losing the battle to the cancer after it invaded his spine and eventually took over his brain. This was not without a fight. He endured 6 rounds of high dose chemotherapy, a stem cell transplant (his own stem cells), a trial in NYC and radiation to his brain and spine.

DH and I miss him more than words describe but know without a doubt he is in heaven and will see us again someday. We are hoping to have more children and that they are happy, healthy and enjoy life just as much as our Keegan did! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good Morning, unfortunately I am new here.

• So sorry for your loss.  Hate to welcome you here but the women here are a wonderful support system.  Feel free to vent, cry etc. whenever you need to {{HUGS}}

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• It is bitter sweet to welcome you to the board. I am soo sorry for the loss of your precious keegan. There are some amazing ladies & great support here. It does help me knowing im not alone in this dark gloomy storm we call life. I hope you can find the support that you are looking for on this board. Just know that you are not alone & there are plenty of people to relate too. Hugs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you can find some peace and comfort here amongst friends.  Big hugs.

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • I am so sorry for the loss of little Keegan.  {{hugs}}
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry to be welcoming you.  Even though I have experienced the loss of a baby during pregnancy, I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through and continue to go through I am sure.  But isn't it comforting to know they are in heaven waiting on us to join them one sweet day?  I love the thought of that.  Hugs to you!!

• imageMandynStephen:
    Sorry to be welcoming you.  Even though I have experienced the loss of a baby during pregnancy, I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through and continue to go through I am sure.  But isn't it comforting to know they are in heaven waiting on us to join them one sweet day?  I love the thought of that.  Hugs to you!!

Definitely! I can not wait until I get to heaven and see him walking and talking. He loss use of his legs in July due to the tumors progression and was so developmentally delayed we never heard him say "mommy or Daddy". It will be a fantastic day I am sure! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. What a brave boy he is. I hate to welcome you here but this board is amazing. I hope you find some comfort here. Hugs.
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.  You are in good company here unfortunately, but should recieve a lot of support that will hopefully help you.
  • Welcome to the board. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Keegan. All of the women here are wonderful and very supportive. You can be yourself here. *HUGS*
  • I am so sorry that you have to join us. I am also very sorry for the loss of your precious son Keegan. We are here if you need anything!! Huge hugs!!!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I'm sorry I have to welcome you to this board. All the women on this board are incredibly amazing and supportive . I hope you can find the support you need here with them. Hugs!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry you lost your precious Keegan, but I'm happy you found this group.  The women here are incredibly supportive and it's been wonderful for me to be able to talk to people that understand losing a child and all the baggage that comes with that.  Hugs.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of precious Keegan and the difficult battle he faced.  The women here are amazing and so so supportive.  My DD passed to to an accident at 19 months.  My heart breaks for you and your family. If you need anything please feel free to PM me.
  • I am so sorry you lost your sweet little boy Keegan. He sounds like a brave little guy! The ladies here are so wonderfully supportive. We are here anytime you need anything.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Keegan.  It sounds like he was one tough little guy!  I hope you can find some comfort here with us, and I want to wish you luck on TTCAL!  (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.  I wish there was something I could say to help, but this is just an unfair and terrible situation.  This board is filled with some wonderful women and I hope you can find all of the support you need here.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• I am so sorry for the passing of Keegan and for everything you've all gone through. I hope you will find some support and comfort here, welcome. (((HUGS)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  Hugs to you. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so very sorry you lost your son Keegan. I can't imagine what your family has been through since your son's diagnosis.

I'm sad to welcome you here but please know you are amongst friends. Please come here to vent or receive support any time you need to.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Keegan.  Welcome to the board, although I hate that you have to join us. 
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I am so sorry for your loss! I am actually from Evansville and only live about an hour and a half north of there now. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to let me know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"