Adoption
Options

Small victories...

hey ladies... first let me apologize for this post because my phone hates tb so it wont let me use anything that requires my shift key which is basically anything except periods.

so today i am celebrating a small victory... the victory over time. we were originally going to move into a different two bedroom apartment when our lease was up at the end of april. our pride leaders said that they were going to wait to do the home study until after we moved... so we would have had to wait two months after finishing pride before doing our homestudy. i was not excited about that idea but was dealing with it.

flash forward to today when i find out that the apartment complex i was going to move to has a flooding problem... and the flooding is raw sewage that they refuse to fix... and they have roaches... needless to say we are not going to move there. we decided to stay at our current complex but get a second bedroom. well when i made that decision i found out tha they give you the new keys on a friday morning and dont need your old keys until monday so you get to move over a weekend... plus we get to move without finishing the rest of our lease... and on top of it they sad we might get to move in like two weeks. which is amazing because i have been buying cribs that transition into toddler beds... swings...clothes... pretty much anything i can get my hands on for ages 0 to 4year old kids of either gender... which translates into our tiny 1 bedroom looking like a hoarder house. lol so the sooner we move the better. so yes... small victories tonight make me happy.  share your small victories with me...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Small victories...

• Options
    Yes! I feel like this road is paved with small victories. Savor, savor, savor (I'm telling myself).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    Awesome! I think that you staying in the same complex but bigger apartment will work out perfectly for your family!!! Here's to victories!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great news!  Enjoy your new place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"