Georgia Babies
Options

Need help...milk in a cup

Molly is on day 3 without a bottle or milk. I went cold turkey to get rid of the bottle and now I can't get her to drink her milk. I've tried all types of sippy cups with and without straws and the nibble kind. Nothing works. I even tried just giving her milk in a regular cup and all I get is her shaking her head and pushing it away. We've had several different people try to give her the milk but she still refuses it. She will take water in a sippy cup and only associate the milk with the bottle. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need help...milk in a cup

• Options
    We quit the bottle cold turkey with James too. He went on a milk strike too, but we kept offering it to him in the sippy cup. Then one day it just snapped and he chugged it down. There's been no looking back. I think he was on strike for 5-7 days. I just gave an extra dose of yogurt and some cheese to help make up for the missing milk. Keep strong, she'll probably break as long as she liked milk before.
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Options
    Molly loves milk in the bottle when she was getting it. Tonight, DH almost gave in and gave her a bottle but I caught him in time before he went to the basement to get it. Poor girl was having a melt down and he didn't know what else to do to calm her down. I hope she gives in soon bc she doesn't care for yogurt either :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know probably a horrible suggestion, but I let my son have chocolate milk. I either use a little bit of herseys syrup or more recently I used a half a packet of instant breakfast to get a little more vitamins.  If you are concerned with sugar probably not the best idea, but my son is in the 5 th percentile of weight so I was much more concerned with getting him to drink his milk than the sugar.  Adam made it two weeks without drinking any milk in a sippy cup before I added a little chocolate and he drank it no problem.  The funny thing is now he will drink it with our without the chocolate.  
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went cold turkey with MJD as well and I think we had 2-3 days of refusing the sippy cup of milk, but it was only at home, since he was getting sippy cups only at daycare.  A friend of mine suggested mixing half milk and half drinkable yogurt, which seemed to work for him.  After maybe 3 days he didn't throw any fits about wanting a bottle.  They are smart little buggers!
  • Options
    We went cold turkey too and Derek definitely did a strike for about 4 days. The pedi said he'll drink when he gets thirsty and not to give in. We also tried the chocolate milk but that didn't help any and the first time he gave in was for regular milk. Good luck!
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"