Health & Exercise

Fatty Upper Arms ?

Does anyone know the best way to tone upper arms...weights or cardio?  I bought some tanks for the summer today and my upper arms look almost cellulite-y puckery.  I have no clue how since I carry around a 32 lb toddler...I think I store a lot of fat there.

Anyways, I'm pregnant with #2 and I'm not a runner so its not like I can just take up running I'm guessing.  Any quick tips?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fatty Upper Arms ?

• imageCrash Into Me:

Unfortunately, you're a bit stuck right now.  You need to lose weight in order to decrease the size of the fat cells, but you can't really lose weight right now since you're pregnant.  Doing a few arm exercises isn't really going to help.  Sorry to be such a downer!

You can really watch your food intake and make healthy choices.  Of course you can lift weights to help gain strength, but it's best to lift heavy weights, which again, you probably shouldn't start doing right now since you're pregnant and it's not a part of your current routine.

ha lovely!  This is kinda what I figured:(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, there is really not much you can do for it right now while pregnant. But lifting some light weights and doing arm exercises will help plus if you can get in a good amount of cardio, like the eliptical, walking/jogging, something that is safe to do while pregnant and eat as healthy as you can it will all help. But it will not be what you want in the same sence. I have the same problem and trying to get a handle on it before summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"