Late Term and Child Loss

Did you have a miscarriage after IVF? Will you try IVF again?

Hello, it's been 8 days since we lost our twins at 22w2d :-(, I am still feeling down and so is my hubby. At first, I thought I didn't want to try to get pregnant again but now I'm wishing I could get pregnant again soon. My hubby is the opposite, he's been feeling down today and now I have to be the strong one. He says he's done and doesn't even want to try for at least a year. I'll be 33 in 2 months and my dr. adviced to do IVF again in 3 months. I wish I could do that but my husband doesn't want to. He wants to forget by going out, traveling, and having fun.

If you did IVF, when did you try again? I hope I can change his mind. He wants to buy me a dog and I would love one but I still want a baby :-(

Re: Did you have a miscarriage after IVF? Will you try IVF again?

• Sometimes it takes talking it out over time to get to the root of why DHs aren't on the same page we are. I wouldn't rush/push it just yet, since you're 8 days out. Take your time, grieve and give yourselves some space. 3 months is still a ways off, and there are so many emotions we all went through right after our losses that need to happen first. Many (((HUGS)))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • It took us 11 months until we were ready to try again.  We just did a frozen embryo transfer and it did not work.  I am glad I waited this long because I am so sad and I think if I done it any sooner and had it not worked I would have  had a complete meltdown.  IVF treatments on top of a loss is so hard.

For DH and I though, it was never a matter of IF we would do it again just a matter of when.

I am so sorry for the loss of your twins, I lost twins also. I hope you and your husband end up on the same page soon.  ((hugs))

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost my son at 22 weeks 4 days. The urge for me to TTC right after Nathaniel died was nearly overwhelming. It has subsided somewhat recently as my grief has progressed. Your loss is still so, so new. Your feelings may change drastically (as can your H's) in the coming weeks/months. Give both of you some time to grieve these babies.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet babies & welcome you to this board. It has been a tremendous help to me.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. 

When I was in the hospital, before I delivered my twins, we were already talking about our next cycle.  We had worked so hard to get pregnant and we wanted to do anything and everything to be pregnant again.  We thought that IVF gets us pregnant so we thought that we would be pregnant right away with another cycle.   

I lost the twins in February and cycled in May, June and August.  I got my sticky in August and am now almost 26 weeks with a singleton.  We did an eSET in May, transferred 2 in June, and did a SET in August, only becasue we only had one egg retrieved (after 20 days of max dose stims).  We would have transferred 2 in August if we had 2. 

In a way, I kind of wished I would have waited a little longer to cycle.  I think my body still needed more time to heal.  I became increasingly more irrational and crazy and emotional with each passing cycle and U/S and everything.  If I had had more time to process things, maybeI wouldn't have been such a nut.   

Your loss is so new for you so give it some time.  You and youh DH may feel more aligned once the initial shock and grief wears off.  Do take a vacation.  I highly recommend it.  We took a week in March to go to Mexico.  It was amazing.  It was just the two of us like old times and while we missed the twins, it was so healing to be in the sun, relaxing with my husband.  I only cried once on the trip and it was a little more than a month post-loss.  Of course, once I got home and back to reality, I was a blubbering mess but the trip was therapeutic. 

Hang in there!  (big hugs)

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you girls, this forum helps me a lot :-) I'm planning to go back to work this Friday, being in the house only makes me more crazy. I am planning to take my hubby to AC this weekend to try to calm him down. You guys are right, I guess I just gotta wait. My insurance covers 3 more IVFs and I just hope God gives me the chance to be a mom now. We all deserve to be moms one day. Thanks for your support.

• We waited 8 months to do IVF again after we lost the twins. Even at 8 months,it was extremely emotional and brought up alot of fear, guilt,and continued grief. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We lost our twins in dec. We are going to ttc on our own for 3 months then do an ivf cycle. I want to be pregnant ASAP again too but can't deal with the ivf emotions at this time so we are going to try to have fun ttc and not worry so much about it. I know...easier said than done. Just relax and it will happen, right? ;) 

eta: Oh and I wanted to say I'm taking DH to AC this weekend too!!! And I'm ovulating whoo hoo! Stick out tongue I hope you guys have fun.

IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for your advice, I'm afraid to try naturally since my tubes are blocked :-(, that would mean another miscarriage :-(. Today was a very sad day, I hope tomorrow is a better day. Thank you girls, good night.

• I'm sorry it was such a sad day. I hope you have a few moments of peace tomorrow. Goodnight.
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"