January 2011 Moms

moms who have daily schedules with their toddlers

Hey January mamas. My 12 month old DS has been on a schedule since he was 2 weeks old - but that schedule has only included nap and eating times. We followed the Baby Wise method (E.A.S.Y.).

I want to get my DS on a schedule with his activities too so that he is doing the same types of things at the same times each day. I am also looking for some specific ideas of what to do with a busy 12 month old boy? He is not quite ready for coloring, and he seems to get really bored with his toys. He loves books, but he can't do that all day and stay entertained either.

Right now his schedule (for naps and eating) is:

6am - wake and breakfast

9:00-9:30am - nap

9:30am - snack

12pm - lunch

12:30-3pm - nap

3pm - snack

6pm - dinner

7:15pm - bath and bed

Could you guys let me know your LO's schedules and/or what activities you do with your toddlers to help them learn/keep them entertained? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: moms who have daily schedules with their toddlers

• p has recently changed his schedule & we're basically at 1 nap a day now. so for this past week here's his typical day:

7am: wake

8am: breakfast

11am-1:30/2ish: nap

1:30/2:00 lunch

5:00 dinner

7pm: bath/bottle/bed (we haven't been able to kick the night time bottle yet).

As for activities I'm kind of at a loss as well. He's just started walking in the last week so he's still not real confident with that, he likes to play with toys (balls, musical instruments, blocks, etc) by himself a lot, we'll occasionally watch a baby einstein dvd, he likes the swing at a park in our neighborhood, loves people watching at the grocery store... i haven't started doing much in the way of toddler activities with him yet, but since you mention coloring, one i just recently heard of was mess-free finger painting...you put a few dabs of paint on a piece of paper, stick it in a ziplock bag, & let them go to town on it.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/mess-free-finger-painting-lovesome-164883

it seems to have gotten some controversial reviews, but i think i'd at least attempt it...i totally have to agree that when they're a little older getting their "hands dirty" is part of the learning process.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a loose schedule but we do go out everyday. JT isn't walking yet so he's still ok going in the shopping cart or in the stroller.

Some of our activities are:

Story time at Barnes and Noble

The Little Gym

Playdates which could include either hanging out playing with toys, going out to eat, shopping

Grocery shopping - he loves riding in the shopping cart, eats snacks while we stroll around the store (or any store)

Going out to eat - he is great sitting in the high chair, I put those disposable mats on the table and usually bring him food cause he's so picky. I'll even take him out just he and I when nothing else is going on 

I also joined the MOMS group in our town and they do tons of activities each month...they find out about all the things in the area I would have had NO idea about! $25 per year plus any activities is totally worth it. We went last week to an indoor Valentine's Day picnic at one of the women's houses and that was free. Last month we went to their social at the P.A.L. and that was free too...so it doesn't always cost money which is good.

Visits to family's - we go to see my Nanny and aunt once a week 

As far as our schedule, it's mostly:

6-7am wakeup, play with toys (cardboard blocks, board books, Elefun Boppin Balls, FP playhouse, Megablocks, ride along toys, stacking cups, bowls/spoons)

8am breakfast

10ish - 11:30ish nap - get dressed when he wakes up from this

12:00 lunch

Then we go out...whenever we get home he plays with above toys again

5pm dinner

6pm bath

6:30 bedtime

I also leave cartoons on while he's playing and he enjoys watching TV or I'll play music cause he loves to dance. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"