Indiana Babies
Options

marleysmom (and any working mom really)

i'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious about being the best you can be at working and motherhood, etc. 

i've learned these last few months that mom guilt seems to follow me wherever i go.  last year i was always feeling stressed about my responsibilities to my students and my family.  if i was working at school, i felt guilty about not being with my family. if i was spending time with my family, i felt guilty for neglecting my school work.  it was a vicious cycle!

i thought staying home would alleviate the mom guilt....only i've come to realize it's still here, just about different things!  i worry about not playing with the girls enough, audrey getting more attention than caroline, the house not being clean enough, and the list could goes on and on. 

i read this article a couple of weeks ago and it really it home!

anyways, i just wanted to say i know how hard being a working mom can be.  i'm sure you're a great mom AND doctor!  i hope your anxiety goes away soon and you start to feel more confident! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: marleysmom (and any working mom really)

• Options

Thanks so much for posting :) Being a mom (any kind!) is so tough. As a working mom, I related so much from this quote from that article: "chiding me for dropping off my sick boy at day care instead of keeping him home and for rocking him the night before instead of preparing for work". How many times have I been in that exact position?!

Ashley, I have been reading some of your Facebook posts and feeling inadequate because you seem like you have it so together as a SAHM - something I know I could never do. Huge, major props to you. Honestly, a lot of my anxiety comes from thinking I don't know how to pass the time with 2 young kids when I'm home with them. Weekends make me most nervous! Then I feel guilty for feeling nervous, and it's just a never ending cycle!

I think I need to learn to live life more simply. For example, I was freaking out this weekend about the fact that we take so many photos but most only exist digitally, and I haven't had time to do anything with them. I was bemoaning this fact to my husband and he was like "you know what, who cares? we don't have any need to look at those pictures now, so we don't need them in an album or whatever now. someday we'll want to look at them, and they'll still be there if you want to do something with them". If only I could have his outlook on things all the time and learn to live in the present! Something to work on.

Thanks again. So grateful for this board to remind me that what I'm feeling is normal, and for encouraging me not to beat myself up over it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    i'm glad you liked the article!  i PROMISE you i don't have it all together.  my dirty secret (literally) is my house!  i always say if you stop by my house unexpectedly there's a good chance we will pretend we aren't home instead of answering the door b/c i'd be too embarassed by how messy my house is! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"