March 2012 Moms

Anyone NOT pre-registering or doing hospital tour?

I'm not doing the hospital tour because A) they made me mad because they only schedule appointments 20 days before your due date (which I think is just STUPID) and B) I can't take off work in March unless it's to have this baby. I asked my doctor about it and he said it's more of a convenience for the hospital and it isn't a big deal. I will have to sign some things but he said it takes 5 seconds.

I'm not to concerned about not doing the hospital tour. It would have been exciting to see everything before hand but DH works on their machines all the time so he knows where everything is. What I'm worried about is not pre-registering.

Has anyone else gone to the hospital without pre-registering? Or is anyone else planning on just showing up?

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.

Re: Anyone NOT pre-registering or doing hospital tour?

• I pre-registered online but I'm not doing the hospital tour because it's full - seriously, they only have one a month and it's been long full.

I'm a bit nervous because I have no idea where to go and I'm not trying to get to the hospital before the absolute last minute. Oh well, we'll just wing it. I'm sure people seeing a waddling preggo screaming for a wheelchair will get us pointed in the right direction.

Can you pre-register over the phone? They really just needed our insurance information.

• I wouldn't worry about the tour.  But I definitely recommend preregistering.  My Dr gave me a form to preregister and info to do it online if I wanted to.  Last time I mailed the form in and this time I did it online.  Does your hospital have the option to preregister online.  It just saves a lot of time to do it before hand.  At our hospital the tour and preregistering have nothing to do w/each other. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not doing the tour because of scheduling conflicts.  However, our OB gave us the forms to register with the hospital and we mailed them in.  I would call and see if they can mail or fax the forms or see if DH and pick them up.  I just figured I was not going to be excited about filling out forms when I'm in labor but I am sure it happens all the time and they will get you in as fast as possible either way.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're not doing the tour but there's no reason why not.  Apparently my doctor's practice routinely preregisters patients so that's nothing I have to worry about, they'll just need me to review the info for accuracy and get my signature.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekmiller1012:
    I wouldn't worry about the tour.  But I definitely recommend preregistering.  My Dr gave me a form to preregister and info to do it online if I wanted to.  Last time I mailed the form in and this time I did it online.  Does your hospital have the option to preregister online.  It just saves a lot of time to do it before hand.  At our hospital the tour and preregistering have nothing to do w/each other. 

I was going to say the same thing. The preregistration packet I got from the hospital was a huge PITA and I am happy it's done. They also wanted copies of our health care proxies, etc., which I would not have necessarily had in my hospital bag.

I did wind up doing the tour but only because this is a different hospital from where I delivered DS and I was curious about how their procedures differed. We left before they showed the "how babies are born" video. BTDT.

DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • I did both, but the pre-registration form might not be a big deal.  Granted I had been to that hospital before, but when I called to pre-reg it consisted of like 3 questions.  I actually thought it was stupid that they had me do it ahead of time.  I guess it just depends on the hospital, but it might not matter. 

As for the tour, it did ease my mind a bit since I have a mental image now, but it was not necessary in any way, shape, or form. 

• I think I may call and see if they have a pre-reg package or if I can do it over the phone. My doctor just said to bring my insurance card and and ID... bah!
  • We probably aren't doing the tour- I think it's only offered on Sunday afternoons and R works then.  But I did get the pre-registration packet from my OB's office today.  The form is pretty basic- my info, and health insurance info- that's it. 

Oh and we got a DVD tour of the birthing center so I guess it doesn't matter if we don't get to see it in person. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have already had a baby at my hospital, so I do't need a tour, but I did do one the first time. IMO, no big deal if you don't do it. I don't see why you would need to go in to pre-register though. I did mine online, but my OB also gives a packet with the forms at your first appt. I am sure they can mail it to you or do it over the phone. Maybe check your hospital website to see if there is a link to do it online?
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Apparently... all I need is a photo ID, my insurance card, and then I'll sign some consent papers or w/e and that's it. I wonder since they "partner" with my OB office they already have all my info?
  • I pre-registered online, I am not doing the hospital tour though. I figure they will show me where to go when I get there, and nothing I see will change, not like I will go to a different hospital if I don't like the rooms, so why waste one of my precious days off

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My tour was supposed to be this coming Saturday, and while I was in L&D for the cramping (Contractions), a lady came in to take my information.  I never planned on pre-registering unless my OB said anything, but he didn't.  Everything went extremely smooth for us.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"