Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Introduction - Been lurking for a few days

I had been posting in the May/June board during my pregnancy but unfortunately I am now a member of the loss board.

My husband and I were so excited to be due in June with our first baby together. I have a little girl who will be 5 in April from a previous relationship. We had a reveal party at the beginning of January and found out we were having another little girl.

My blood pressure had been high starting at the beginning of December and they thought they could control it with blood pressure medication. Unfortunately, they were unable to control it at all. I ended up in the hosptial on January 20th at 22 weeks pregnant. They diagnosed me with severe pre-ecamplsia and they kept me there for a few days. I was put on strict left side bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I had a check up on Wednesday the 25th and things looked like they were remaining stable. On Thursday the 26th I ended up with severe pain in my right side underneath my ribs. My husband took me to the hospital and long story short they ended up needing to air-lift me to a larger hospital that would be able to take better care lf me.

They did an ultrasound at the new hospital and it showed that she had not grown in the last 3 weeks. She was closer to a 20 week baby instead of a 23 week baby. They ended up inducing labor due to HELLP syndrom which had caused my liver and kidneys to fail and my blood pressure was at a level that should have caused a stroke.,

Emery was born on Friday evening, 24 hours after I had first arrived at the first hospital and only made it a few minutes before passing away.

This board has been a place where I feel like I can come and someone actually understands what is going on. I have been asked so many times if we are going to have more kids anytime soon and I just feel that I can even think of the idea. I can't even go into our office which was going to be turned into the nursey with out losing my mind.

Re: Introduction - Been lurking for a few days

• Options
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your Emery.  What a beautiful name!  I hate that you have to be here, but you are welcome.  There are some amazing women here.  I hope you find some support, encouragement, and comfort while you're here. *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  Preeclampsia is a terrible disease that is grossly misunderstood.  I wish I could do more, but all I can offer is hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so so sorry for the loss of your precious Emery.  I hope you find support and friendship here. 

Don't rush yourself through the grief.  I don't know why people think that talking to a loss mom about immediately having a new baby would make her feel better.

Big hugs!

• Options

Welcome to the board and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Emery. The ladies on the board are very supportive and I couldn't ask for a better group of girls.

***HUGS***

• Options

I love the name Emery. I am so sorry for your loss. We are here for you. It took me a while before I could go into our office too. If its any consolation, I can now go in there without dwelling on its intended use.

I am sorry you had such a scary time there in dec/jan. I am glad you came out of it alright. Talk to us anytime you need us. 

• Options
    It breaks my heart everytime there is another loss and addition to this board.  I will tell you that it has helped me get thru the past 3 weeks as I hope it will do for you.    There are good days and bad days.  If you need to vent please do it here and don't worry about what you say.   I am so sorry that you had to lose her.  I pray your heart heals and you can breath again normal soon.   (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    Our stories have some similarities. I got pre-eclampsia too, at 24 1/2 weeks. She was too small to survive, having had severe growth restriction from 17 weeks. Not a day goes by that I wonder if the hospital could have done something different, and worry that my next pregnancy (when I get there) will have a similar outcome. It's really terrifying. I wish I could be that naive happy healthy pregnant lady that I used to be, before I even knew what pre-e was. :(
    EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope you find some comfort here.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hate welcoming ladies here but this board is an amazing support system. I hope you find some comfort here. We are here to listen. Big hugs. 
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Emery. As pp said, you can come here anytime and vent to us. These ladies have kept me sane for the past three months. {{HUGS}}
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
  • Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Emery.  Welcome to the board that no one wants to be on.  The ladies here are wonderful.  We are all here for you.

Hugs,

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    I'm so sorry to have to welcome you to this board.  While I wish that none of us had to be here, it has truly been a blessing to me over the last two months and I hope that you find the same comfort and understanding from the wonderful ladies here that I have.  Thoughts and prayers for you, your DH and your beautiful Emery.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board, but I am so sorry you are joining such an unfortunate group.  I hope you can find some comfort here with us, and just remember to be gentle with yourself as you go through the grieving process.  (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I'm so sorry about the loss of little Emery.  {{hugs}}
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Options
    I hate to welcome you to this board but it's full of tons of support. I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.  What a terrifying experience to have to go through.  This board is wonderful and filled with some amazingly strong women.  I hope you find all the support you need here.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Options
    I am so sorry for the passing of your Emery. I am sorry you have to be here, but I am glad you've found comfort and I hope you continue to do so. We are here for you, welcome. (((HUGS)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    I am so, so sorry for the loss of your Emery.   I hope that you find some comfort here.  I lost my son because of pre-e and HELLP as well and I know a few other people here have had experience with it as well.   ((hugs))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Emery. I know there's nothing I can say that will alleviate your pain. I lost my son at 22 weeks 4 days back in November. While our circumstances are different, I too suffered from potentially life-threatening complications that made the grieving/healing process that much harder.

I hope you are able to find some comfort here, the ladies on this board have been absolutely wonderful and truly get what I am going through.

I also have an older child. DD is only 2.5 but she has been my rock and my reason for getting up each morning.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  I hope you find some comfort here.  I know I have!

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter Emery.  I'm sorry you're joining us, but welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"