Georgia Babies
Options

Bad behavior

So as my belly is getting bigger my son's behavior is deteriorating. He is acting out at school and TESTING us (and his teachers) to our breaking point. The past month with him has been VERY challenging. I thought this was not supposed to happen until the baby arrived. The back talk is unbelievable. He got 3 time outs at school and a trip to the director's office today. He also had a #2 accident on the way home from school. Recently he has been refusing to tell us he has to go, and by now knows better and doesn't have 'accidents'. He had a VERY LONG time out in his room and he was not allowed to have and 'treat' type snacks like fruit snacks. I also did not allow him to watch TV the whole day. We read books and played but I tried to make it as boring as possible. I feel like I may have gotten through to him b/c he said he was going to be a good boy tomorrow so that we could have fun, as I was putting him to bed. 

I don't know if this is acting out over the baby or if he is feeling our stress from unemployment. We do everything we can to make sure he doesn't hear us talking about it but I feel like he can feel the difference in our nerves or something. I hope I am doing the right thing to nip this behavior in the bud. Anyone else have this go on pre-baby??  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bad behavior

• Options

jax's turn for the worse was mostly after DH started a new job where he didn't work from home anymore...in Nov.  it was pretty bad and hard to get through to him.  I honestly don't think I did...I think he just got past that "phase" or whatever it was.  But anytime I see it start to happen I immediately start getting into zero tolerance mode.  Like no warnings before time out.  or he has to go to his room instead of time out.  It seems to help the phases not last as long.

Now...as far as after baby acting out, I mostly noticed that when I was BF cooper.  I think Jax thought I was "stuck" and couldn't get up, but fyi...the baby can come off the boob as quickly as he got on.  he might not like it, but don't mess with mommy!   

• Options

We talked to her a lot about the baby before his arrival.  I don't know if she ever really understood any of it or the changes it would mean for her, but she did understand that there would be a baby. But we often talked about how she was going to be a big helper and I let her feel him wiggle around in my tummy.  I even showed her the ultrasound pictures and told her that was her brother and showed her pictures of herself as a baby.

But now that he is here she has taken to hitting me and throwing huge tantrums about rules we have had all along.  She will usually try to hit me in the face while I'm nursing.  Last night she threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen her throw over mickey mouse clubhouse.  She lost all mickey mouse over that.  I wish I could be of further help, but it appears I am in the same boat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dude, it's his age.  4 = The Devil.  So sorry, but, you're not in it alone if it makes you feel any better!!
  • Options
    I probably shouldn't have read this with Butterbean # 2 in my belly :(  MJD is such a sweetheart right now, I sure am going to hate to see it change with baby #2.
  • Options

imageK&P414:
    Dude, it's his age.  4 = The Devil.  So sorry, but, you're not in it alone if it makes you feel any better!!

ditto.  first of all the half ages are the worst, secondly 4 is the worst age I've ever experienced in my life.  I am counting down the days until Finn turns 5 (153 days).  but that is our punishment because he was an angel child until he turned 4.

• Options
    imagehthomas02:

imageK&P414:

ditto.  first of all the half ages are the worst, secondly 4 is the worst age I've ever experienced in my life.  I am counting down the days until Finn turns 5 (153 days).  but that is our punishment because he was an angel child until he turned 4.

***LALALALA FINGERS IN MY EARS- I CAN'T HEAR YOU***

3 days into year 4 and I'm praying yall are wrong!  3 was hard for us.  It has been better lately but I have to echo Staci... zero tolerance is the fastest way to get it under control.  We are actually having a minor power struggle this week and DH and I have just had to step up and nip it in the bud.  Birthday week or not, I won't be terrorized by my toddler and I definitely won't let him terrorize others.  As for the new baby... I swear, I was in such a fog for the first 2-3 mos anyway, I honestly can't remember if he acted out or not...  we were all just surviving :-( 

• Options

imageK&P414:

THIS exactly :)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageK&P414:

THIS exactly :)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"