Late Term and Child Loss

Do you believe in fate?

Wow. Do you ever feel like fate brings certain people into your life?  When we were on our honeymoon almost two years ago, we became close with about 4 other couples. One of those couples was there celebrating their 10 year anniversary. It was a spunky blonde girl and a quiet, but fun, guy. They were a blast to be around and seemed like a genuinely happy couple. 

We are all facebook friends with each other and she noticed something pop up in her newsfeed where someone said they were praying for us (or something like that) so she went on my page to figure out what was going on. She sent me a long message last night saying that they lost their baby katelyn nine years ago and that she would love to talk to us about everything and to please call.

I called a little while ago and we exchanged stories and talked about everything. She told me that every year on katelyn's birthday, her and DH release pink balloons to celebrate. I swear to you all that I knew the answer before I asked, but I asked her when katelyn's birthday was. It is April 16th--my due date. She is the second loss mom who has reached out to me whose angel was born in that day!

It just blows my mind and I feel like there is a reason that we met them when we did. It gives me so much hope that we will be able to find happiness again even though it seems so distant now. I just had to share :) 

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15

Re: Do you believe in fate?

• I'm happy for you. I'm happy that you have hope and I'm happy you have those friends. Hugs to you! And yes, I believe in fate. Some people come into our lives to change them forever. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • What an amazing story, it definitely sounds like fate! I'm glad you shared this with us Smile

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • I love when you find out someone you've been friends with for a while has that connection.  I found out after I lost the girls that a friend of mine lost her son 20 years ago.  We still talk, about dealing with the loss of a child, the fear of having another one (it took 8 years, I think, for her to want to try for another one).  We talk about fears for pgal.  She lives in Germany now, but there are days when we just need to talk to eachother.  

I agree...people are put in our lives for a reason.  Sometimes it takes a while to find out why, but it will never fail to amaze me when we do figure it out. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • What an amazing story.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Wow, I'm so glad she reached out to you! That is kind of amazing that you met her.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"