July 2011 Moms

This mmmm, mmmm whine is driving me mmmm, mmm crazy!!!

Anyone else tired of hearing the mmmmm, mmmmm,mmmmm all day long?!?! She mostly does it when she is tired but oh man I have had enough!!! I guess she is as bored with this place as I am, come on nicer weather!!! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This mmmm, mmmm whine is driving me mmmm, mmm crazy!!!

•  You can't be serious

• and no, I never get tired of hearing my DD make noise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry Canary, but I completely agree with OP. I LOVE to listen to my baby make noises, but I do get tired of the 24/7 mmm mmmm mmmmm whine. I know the exact sound that you are describing. I don't think it makes me a bad mother to get tired of listening to whiny noises. I don't blame my baby or have any bad feelings towards him for it. I just wish i could do something to make him more content, but sometimes nothing works.

• imageMason&Mama:

Sorry Canary, but I completely agree with OP. I LOVE to listen to my baby make noises, but I do get tired of the 24/7 mmm mmmm mmmmm whine. I know the exact sound that you are describing. I don't think it makes me a bad mother to get tired of listening to whiny noises. I don't blame my baby or have any bad feelings towards him for it. I just wish i could do something to make him more content, but sometimes nothing works.

DD isn't a whiner, but maybe try going "mmm mammmaa" (mama) .

That is how DD gets my attention :) She learned (atleast I think) the "mmmm" when we feed her. Now she goes "mmmammmaa" and I instantly turn and look at her so she learns that I am mama. =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCanaryIsland629:
    and no, I never get tired of hearing my DD make noise.

There is nothing more that I love then the sound of her sweet little voice trying to make sounds, this isn't one of those instances. She was never a whiner until recently and it just makes me feel bad that I can't make her content in what we are doing.  

• imageMOONGIRL2467:
    imageMason&Mama:

Sorry Canary, but I completely agree with OP. I LOVE to listen to my baby make noises, but I do get tired of the 24/7 mmm mmmm mmmmm whine. I know the exact sound that you are describing. I don't think it makes me a bad mother to get tired of listening to whiny noises. I don't blame my baby or have any bad feelings towards him for it. I just wish i could do something to make him more content, but sometimes nothing works.

That is how DD gets my attention :) She learned (atleast I think) the "mmmm" when we feed her. Now she goes "mmmammmaa" and I instantly turn and look at her so she learns that I am mama. =)

Oh I am working the mama!! I am trying to transform this whine into mama...I hope my magic starts to work soon because I am not used to her being a whiner.  

• imageMOONGIRL2467:
    imageMason&Mama:

Mama is a separate sound in my house. He has been saying all the time for the last 3 days. It is so cute. In my head I know that he isn't saying it on purpose yet, but it certainly seems like it. I walked out fo the room today, and he completely turned to watch me while saying "mama" clear as day. Even if it is just coincidence, I LOVE it. It makes my heart melt.

I am not trying to complain about Mason's whining noises. I just felt like Canary's reply was a little harsh and wanted to back OP up. I am not trying to start a big debate, but I agreee that Mason makes that sound All The Time when he is bored in the house. That is the reason we go take walks, car rides, etc to entertain him. Nothing in the house seems to satisfy him for very long lately.

Canary ... I am not trying to start anything with you. I just wanted to let OP know that I understood where she was coming from.

• Bump Burp..... duplicate post

• Im listening to that awesome sound now.... ours is more like a "nnnnnnneeeeehhhhhhhhhhhaaaa"  I should record it and we can compare LOL 

• ugh i'm so happy to know i'm not alone! that noise is like nails on a chalk board. she can make any other noise for an extended period of time and it doesn't phase me....but that mmm.mmmmm.mmm....yeah not a huge fan. if changing activities doesn't help i sit facing her on her level and make it back. then she laughs. and continues to do it. probably not the best idea, but at least she stops to laugh? 

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesms_518:
    ugh i'm so happy to know i'm not alone! that noise is like nails on a chalk board. she can make any other noise for an extended period of time and it doesn't phase me....but that mmm.mmmmm.mmm....yeah not a huge fan. if changing activities doesn't help i sit facing her on her level and make it back. then she laughs. and continues to do it. probably not the best idea, but at least she stops to laugh? 

I've totally made it back to DS.  Sadly though it doesn't even faze him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesms_518:
    ugh i'm so happy to know i'm not alone! that noise is like nails on a chalk board. she can make any other noise for an extended period of time and it doesn't phase me....but that mmm.mmmmm.mmm....yeah not a huge fan. if changing activities doesn't help i sit facing her on her level and make it back. then she laughs. and continues to do it. probably not the best idea, but at least she stops to laugh? 

HAHA I so do this, I make mine even louder than hers, and yes she does laugh and stops for a moment!! Too funny!  

• My DD does it when we are trying to get her to go to sleep.  It is her "I don't want to sleep and you cannot make me" noise! I know what you mean, it can drive me batty, especially because we cannot fix it, she needs to sleep! 

• I know exactly the noise you're describing, and yes, it gets old. Especially at 4 a.m.  For some reason, DD has stopped eating and going right back to bed at night...now she writhes around in her crib and whines until she passes out...or I pass out, whichever happens first. 

I'll freely admit that I love all other sounds my baby makes except this one, and I don't think I'm a bad mom for it. :) 

• imagesallydraper:

I know exactly the noise you're describing, and yes, it gets old. Especially at 4 a.m.  For some reason, DD has stopped eating and going right back to bed at night...now she writhes around in her crib and whines until she passes out...or I pass out, whichever happens first. 

I'll freely admit that I love all other sounds my baby makes except this one, and I don't think I'm a bad mom for it. :) 

Agreed 100%. Well, maybe this noise, and blood curdling screams, I don't care for those either ;)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"