Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

I need a mommy break :(

I'm so worn out.  I'm just getting over 8 weeks of constant morning (all day) sickness and a 3 week long cold.  My house shows that I have not been up and about doing much.  I have so much cleaning to do.  My DS is suddenly in the 20 questions per minute phase and I feel like I have absolutely no tolerance for even a spec of sound right now.  

On top of that, DS has been just constantly talking back, doing everything he knows he's not supposed to and not listening to me at all.  I feel like I spend half of my day telling him to stop or saying "no" and he just gives me a mean face and walks away to do something else bad.  I feel like he basically hates me right now.

I need to get away for a weekend and just breath...but that's just a silly dream!

Thanks for listening to me whine! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need a mommy break :(

• Options
    A whole week my be alot but can DH or family memeber take your son out for a day on a weekend.  Then you can have the whole day to relax and rest at home.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a daycare I use sometimes, so I might be able to see if he can stay for a full day sometime.  That's a good idea, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageShariJenn:
    I have a daycare I use sometimes, so I might be able to see if he can stay for a full day sometime.  That's a good idea, thanks!

DO IT!!

Also if you haven't already planned for this, I would highly recommend setting things up so DS can go there 1-2 days a week once the new baby is here. At least for the first few months. Those days were lifesavers for me, especially in the first 6 weeks or so.  

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options
    imageSummer20:

imageShariJenn:

DO IT!!

Also if you haven't already planned for this, I would highly recommend setting things up so DS can go there 1-2 days a week once the new baby is here. At least for the first few months. Those days were lifesavers for me, especially in the first 6 weeks or so.  

He's actually starting pre-school a week after my EDD, so that will be helpful...I hope.  I might still bring him to daycare a couple of afternoons too though.  I can't imagine how hard things will be for a few months. 

• Options

I totally relate. Sunday is my day. DH takes care of DS pretty much of the day. I get to sleep in and get up and shower whenever i want. If I didn't get that, I'd never make it through the week. DH also does a bunch of watching after DS when he comes home from work. He's also pretty much on toddler duty on Saturday,too, but Sunday is fully my day. It also gives DS and DH a time to bond.

DD is due the beginning of June. We plan on having DS start preschool in the fall. It gets him out with other kids, and teaches him and also allows me time to bond with DD.

Oh, We also have a "play"care that we drop DS off as from time to time so we have a chance to have husband and wife time. So far it's just been for a nice sit down dinner or even running a bunch of errands rather than having DS have to keep getting in and out of his car seat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"