Adoption

New Here: Intro & questions :)

Hi there everyone! 

Where to begin... My husband and I have been trying to have children for over two years now. Sadly, we have gone through 3 pregnancies and 3 losses. It has been a tough road for us. Doctors don't have any answers for us as to why this keeps happening and adoption has come into our conversations more and more. We are currently on a TTC break for emotional reasons, but will start trying again in May.

My husband and I have talked and have decided that if we have another loss that we would like to start the adoption process. I would like to start researching adoption now, because I've heard it can take a long time and even if we are lucky enough to have our own child, we are still interested in adoption. However, we don't even know where to begin!

Could you please point me in the right direction? We live in Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. Honestly, I'm completely clueless. :/ Any links or suggestions on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you all so much in advance. :) 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
--Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
IVF Round 1:
3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Re: New Here: Intro & questions :)

• Hi and welcome. I've been in your shoes. 3 losses in 18 months. I finally decided I just wanted to be a mom, and I didn't have to be pregnant for that to happen.

It *can* take a long time, or it can be very quick. It depends on a lot of different factors.

Just as a matter of language, an adopted child is still your own child. It's all part of the adoption language you will soon learn :)

I recommend you check out the FAQs at the top of the board. There are a lot of resources to help you decide if adoption is right for you, what kind of adoption you think will work for your family, and how to go about it.

GL

• Thank you so much! I'm sorry, I didn't see the FAQ at the top ::heading there now::
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello, and welcome.  I wish you all the best.

After you check out the FAQs, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.  There's almost always someone here who can help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"