May 2011 Moms
Options

I'm done pumping!

I just decided I'm done pumping! I can't describe the sense of freedom this gives me! After going through all my frozen stash, pumping became a much dreaded chore. I only work part time about 10-12 hours a week so I was pumping at work once a week if that and only getting 2-3 oz combined! So DH and I decided that for those couple hours I'm away from DS he will be getting formula. No question here really I just feel great to pack away that stupid pump.

Actually yes, one question. There was a post about nipples and plastics breaking down over time a few days ago, what about the plastic parts of the pump like the tubes or things like that? I have a Medela Freestyle, shoulda saved the manual!

Re: I'm done pumping!

• Options
    I would think you would want to get new parts for the next go around.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemullenem:

yay!  I can't wait to be done.  I'm thinking about going down to one pump session a day at work (currently doing 2). I think I'll wait until at least after A's 9 month pedi appt. this Friday to double check how much BM she needs per day and see if my freezer stash will get us through. 

Have you thought about trying to just give him a meal and/or snack while you're going?  There's a possibility that if you're only gone for a few hours, he'd probably be okay just eating something then getting the boob juice straight from the source when you're with him.  You could always have formula on hand for that time just in case he isn't ready to drop a feeding at that time (to be made up later).

As far as the pump parts, I think I've heard that you should get new tubing and membranes but the hard plastic parts will be fine.  I'm going to keep my tubing though, just in case.  It seems like it would take YEARS for that tubing to turn brittle and I don't know that we'll go too long between kids.   

This! Specially the hightlighted area. If I was you and you are just away for a couple of hours I would do solids then and maybe some drinkable baby yogurt.

My DD is 9m and I currently she is hardly even finishing the 8 ounces of BM that I leave for her while away. But she also has solids and yogurt during that time. She honestly waits until she sees me to nurse.

As for you pump, yes you need to buy new parts for the next time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedianadvargas:
    imagemullenem:

yay!  I can't wait to be done.  I'm thinking about going down to one pump session a day at work (currently doing 2). I think I'll wait until at least after A's 9 month pedi appt. this Friday to double check how much BM she needs per day and see if my freezer stash will get us through. 

Have you thought about trying to just give him a meal and/or snack while you're going?  There's a possibility that if you're only gone for a few hours, he'd probably be okay just eating something then getting the boob juice straight from the source when you're with him.  You could always have formula on hand for that time just in case he isn't ready to drop a feeding at that time (to be made up later).

As far as the pump parts, I think I've heard that you should get new tubing and membranes but the hard plastic parts will be fine.  I'm going to keep my tubing though, just in case.  It seems like it would take YEARS for that tubing to turn brittle and I don't know that we'll go too long between kids.   

This! Specially the hightlighted area. If I was you and you are just away for a couple of hours I would do solids then and maybe some drinkable baby yogurt.

My DD is 9m and I currently she is hardly even finishing the 8 ounces of BM that I leave for her while away. But she also has solids and yogurt during that time. She honestly waits until she sees me to nurse.

As for you pump, yes you need to buy new parts for the next time.

Yes, DH does that sometimes, especially since some of my shifts at work are 3 hours and it takes me 10 min to drive there. Sometimes he just won't take a bottle and he waits for me so now that he gets more solids it's easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"