January 2012 Moms
Options

Roll Call & GTKY

So I thought maybe a roll call and "getting to know you" post would be fun :) What is your baby's birth date? Was he/she early or late? What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Roll Call & GTKY

• Options
    Sorry ladies, I'm bumping from my phone and forgot I couldn't space out the questions.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

imageLP0198:
    Sorry ladies, I'm bumping from my phone and forgot I couldn't space out the questions.

No matter. Luckily I own a space bar ;)

What is your baby's birth date? 12/21/11. Not a Jan mom, but I wasn't gonna switch teams in the 9th inning.

Was he/she early or late? Early @ 37w6d.

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? The "sleep meds". Since I was apparently supposed to have a really long labor, I took them and one of them induced acid like trips. I hallucinated every contraction. They made it impossible for me to say no to an epidural because I was so out of it I couldn't handle contractions. If I could go back and know that it would only be a ten hour labor, I would have said no to them and tried to go natural. If I ended up with an epidural, at least I knew I gave it my all. But hey, I had a happy and healthy baby and that was the most important thing.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Mostly BF, but do supplement. Mama needs her sleep too.

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Both, and eventually mostly CDs. She doesn't quite fit into them yet and they seem to stretch out her onesies, so I don't use them very often.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? My eyes and ears, H's everything else.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? The fussiness at night. Sometimes when I cannot recall when I last bathed and the dishes and laundry are out of control, I feel I have reached my limit. That cute face is her saving grace.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Never be afraid to ask advice or for help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? Jan 31

Was he/she early or late? 1 week late

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? For some reason, I missed the disclaimer that cervadil could start labor, or perhaps I had set too firmly in my mind that I wouldn't start real labor until I got pitocin the next morning.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breast

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Cloth

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Right now he looks like me, but time will probably draw out DH's featurs.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Sleep deprivation

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Arrange for someone to do the chores for a while.  You really won't have the time, especially if breastfeeding.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? Dec 28

Was he/she early or late? 1 1/2 weeks early

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? For me I did not expect the level of swelling from the second degree tear that I had. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me as I've had stitches before and the cut/area did swell. I guess I just didn't give it much thought and I was caught off guard.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breast

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? disposable

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? definitely my husband. They even make the same expressions. He does have my eye color, ears and fingers though.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Dealing with my mother in law. She's absolutely crazy and completely obnoxious!

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Freeze some meals a head of time. After the first week family and friends stopped bringing food and it was really nice to be able to just throw something under the oven and dinner be done.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? Jan 28th

Was he/she early or late? 3 days late

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I totally didn't expect to only feel my contractions below the belly button.  I never felt them any higher than that.  They hardly registered on the monitor.  My belly would tighten but it didn't hurt.  I also didn't expect the constant pressure on my pelvis.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Breast

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables for now until she grows into her cloth.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? My mom swears she looks like me and I can see some of my features in her.  Everyone else says she looks like Hubby.  I think she looks like both of us.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Not sleeping.  I don't think I've slept more than 4 hours straight since she's been born and it's really taking it's toll on me.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Take a break from the baby when you can.  Get your nails done, see a movie, grab a bite to eat with friends.  It does so much for your mental health to just get away from the stress of the baby for a couple of hours.  As much as the ladies at church want to meet LO tomorrow I'm leaving her with my dad so I can have some "me" time at Bible Study.

• Options

What is your baby's birth date?- January 1st 2012 

Was he/she early or  late?-Yes,5 weeks early

What was the one thing you didn't expect or wish someone told you about labor/delivery- That there was a good chance I would have a tear. I didn't prepare myself for that at all and I ended up with one.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding-Breast feeding Brooke pumping for Ellie.

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables-Disposables

Does your LO look like you spouse/so or a combination-Both a combination.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your LO's arrived?-NICU-My girls have been in the NICU since day one. It has been extremely hard.

If you could share  one helpful hint,trick,or secret with other moms what would it be, If you ever have a preemie everything goes by their time schedules and the control everything! 

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? December 28th

Was he/she early or late? Early, 37 weeks 1 day

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  How HARD it would be to push. I knew it was supposed to hurt like crazy I just wasn't prepared for how physically exhausting it was or how discouraged I could get.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Breast feeding/pumping

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? disposables until she grows into cloth

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? A combination 

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? I really miss being completely my own person. I miss DH and I being able to do whatever we wanted to do. I miss being the only person my DH takes care of.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Follow your instincts. Also ditto previous poster, take time for yourself!! I have a single childless friend that I usually get together with once a week or so. It's really nice to be able to talk about other things then just baby stuff constantly. Having the support of other moms is great too but it's nice to get a variety of conversation. 

• Options

What is your baby's birth date?  January 22nd

Was he/she early or late?  Right on time!

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  More about right after, but I didn't expect how painful the contractions after the baby was born every time I breastfed. That was weird and unexpected!

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?  Breast

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposable

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? DH all the way! (which makes DS one handsome little guy!)

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? The baby blues and sleep deprivation. I knew to expect the baby blues, but it didn't make them any easier to get through.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Sleep when baby sleeps, but then do one "normal" thing each day. Funny how just doing one thing that I used to do helped get me out of the baby blues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageRey2009:

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  How HARD it would be to push. I knew it was supposed to hurt like crazy I just wasn't prepared for how physically exhausting it was or how discouraged I could get.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? I really miss being completely my own person. I miss DH and I being able to do whatever we wanted to do. I miss being the only person my DH takes care of.

Oh man, I totally agree with these as well!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? 1/3/12

Was he/she early or late? 4 days early

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? That contractions can just feel like mild period cramps.  I had no idea I was in labor until my water broke.  When I got to the hospital an hour later I was already dilated to 8cm - not that I'm complaining :)  Also, labor/delivery was much calmer than I had expected.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula, not for lack of trying to BF. I wasn't making much milk at all.

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Cloth! 

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Mostly like DH

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Adjusting expectations for myself and how much I'll be able to get done around the house; learning how to communicate with DH when we're both exhausted and frustrated

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Sleep when you can.  The housework can wait.  Don't be afraid to ask for help - even if that means a friend sits downstairs with your baby while you go upstairs and sleep for an hour or two :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    What is your baby's birth date? 1/20/12

Was he/she early or late? Early @ 38w2d

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? The pain from the pitocin contractions was non stop and even tho I wanted to go pain med free, I had already been up for 24 hrs and my coping mechanisms weren't strong anymore.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? BF

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Cloth

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Me mostly, but she does have DH's lips! That's a good thing tho!

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? surprisingly she is extremely stubborn and wont take a binky. only my nipple so i cant get anything done!

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  buy all the batteries for baby stuff in advance!

• Options

Whats your babys birth date?  Jan 30th

Was he/she early or late?  Early, she was due Feb 18th

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  I wish I knew that my body would work this time and that I wouldn't need pitocin this time around.  I would of slept at night instead of trying to get contractions going, after my water broke.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?  breast feeding

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables?  disposables

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? not sure yet, but I think  DD looks mostly like me.  DS looks just like DH.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?  getting DH to clean up and do anything around the house.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  hold your newborn as much as you can.  You can't spoil a newborn:) 

• Options

What is your baby's birth date?  January 24th

Was he/she early or late? He was 6 days early, he was breech so I had to have a scheduled c-section

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? How much pressure  I would actually feel during the c-section. I knew I would feel some, but didn't expect to feel as much pressure and pulling as I did. It kinda freaked me out.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula....breast feeding just didn't work out for us.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? It's odd, he actually looks more like my brother then my husband or I. He does have my husbands eyes though.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Def the baby blues, and not being able to do a lot for myself. It's hard always depending on others, I think it added to my baby blues.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Ask for help. Sleep when the baby sleeps, if you are overwhelemed and don't want to many visitors, even if they are family, it's okay to say no maybe another time.

• Options
    imageAndieD6709:

When is your baby's birth date? Kate was born 12/20 and Kara was born 12/21

oh wow! How much later was Kara? 

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? Jan 24th (my birthday!)

Was he/she early or late? 4 days early

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? Just how fast the 2nd time around really is.  I had a fast delivery with my first and this little lady was born exactly 24 minutes after we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breastfeeding

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables for now.  We did cloth with our first once she got a little bigger. 

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? She is definately a good mix.  Looks exactly like her big sister though.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? The guilt I feel not being able to give my 2 year old 100% of my attention like she is used to.  I did a lot of crying in the very beginning when she only wanted me to do things for her and I'm nursing the baby and I hear her in the other room with my husband screaming "mama".....makes me tear up thinking about it.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Take time for yourself. Manicure, pedicure, walk around the block, a hot bath....anything to just do something for you.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date?

1/16/12

Was he/she early or late?

Early @ 38w3d

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? 

That after having 4 12 hour deliveries, this one would be less then 2 hours and I wouldn't make it to the hospital.  

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? 

Breastfeeding 

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables?

Cloth as soon as she can fit into them. 

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination?

She looks exactly like I did as a baby, although people tell us all the time she looks like H

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?

Breastfeeding all the time, thinking about my H going back to work full time next week, and the fact I can't spend more time with my other kids and keeping up with chores.  

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  

Dont worry about your dirty house, and take help when it's offered. Other then my H I have zero help, and I sure wish I did.  

• Options
    What is your baby's birth date? 1/3/12

Was he/she early or late? Early - about 3 weeks

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? n/a since it was an adoption.  The only thing I wish I knew was to trust my gut feelings.  The week before Braeden was born I kept getting the feeling I should drive out to CA early (Monday 1/2).  I blew it off and decided to wait to leave as planned (1/8 which was still 1.5 weeks before due date) and get things done around the house instead.  Turns out I should have gone as B was born 1/3/12 at 4:05am.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula...I would have loved to BF, maybe next time I will try to get a supply in time.

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? We are using disposables but I plan to try cloth at nights once he is a little bigger.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Everyone says he looks like me which is really funny since he's adopted :)

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? The gas!!! Poor little guy had a heck of a time finding a formula that would work for him.  He would scream and cry everytime he needed to pass gas.  This does seem to be getting better on soy.  Now if we can just get past the colic we would be in great shape!

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Take time for yourself!  It is stressful at first and even just a couple minutes each day is important.  Also, ask for help! 

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? 12/30/11 Not January but I didn't want to switch after I had already been on this board. I like you ladies!

Was he/she early or late? 5 days early.

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? How exhausted I would be after pushing for 2 hours and how much I would just want to rest after. Water has never tasted so good or been so refreshing! I also wish someone would have told me about those amazing pad/ice pack things. They were the best! 

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables 

She looks like H. She has my lips and eye color (so far).

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Realizing that I can't do it all. I'm a perfectionist and I need to learn that it's ok if not everything is done every single day.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  I didn't do this but wish I would have. Like pp suggested have some freezer meals ready for after family and friends stop doing dinner. It would have saved some headache for us and probably some money spent on eating out. Also have some thank you cards on hand. It made me feel better to be able to just write a quick thank you for a gift or dinner. I'm really big on thank you cards.

Hayden Ellen 12/30/11 imageThe Plan The Dream
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? 01/21/2012

Was he/she early or late? Per my official due date, 1 day early.  BUT according to my chart, she was on her due date!

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  The good, I was comfortable after the epidural.  The bad, I wasn't prepared I'd be a c-section. 

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Combo I guess, I'm horrible at telling this

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?She's been dx with Tracheomalacia and her breathing now sounds terrible.  She should grow out of it, but it's so hard to hear her struggle and now be able to help her. 

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Just one thing?!  The advice that stood out to me that I never believed was somebody told me how I'd just know how to take care of LO.  I thought they were CRAZY, but it was really true!!! 

• Options

What is your baby's birth date?  Jan 17

Was he/she early or late?  3 days late

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?     The whole thing!!  

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?  Breast feeding via EP and bottles..

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables?    Disposable.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination?  I would have to say combination.....

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?  Dealing with colick, reflux and just the changes of having a new born and being newlyweds.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  

Take things minute to minute, hour to hour. Don't get too far ahead of yourself, and no matter how much you think you know you have no idea. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date?  Jan 15

Was he/she early or late?  4 days late

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? That when the labor nurse says 'I can see his head!' it doesnt mean that his head is *actually* out and youve got a good deal more pushing to go.     

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?  Boobie

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposable (DH shot down even attempting to do cloth. You win some, you lose some).

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination?  No idea. I dont see any similarities yet.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Luckily Ive had a pretty easy road so far....so as shallow as it sounds, getting used to not getting "dressed" every day. I thought I would look forward to living in yoga pants and sweats, but I actually miss getting dressed up for work. Now when I need to run errands I actually put on jeans and makeup when pre-baby I never would have.   

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Trust your gut and take it one day at a time. You can do this, and be sure to communicate with your partner when you are starting to feel overwhelmed! Sometimes just a long walk outside by yourself can work wonders. Oh...and set boundries with family and friends EARLY!  

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? Jan 2

Was he/she early or late? EDD was 12/26 so one week late

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I didnt expect that my body wouldnt progress and I'd had to have a c/s.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breast feeding

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? I think she looks more like DH but hoping that she will start to look a little more like mama.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Um, IDK - maybe not fiting into my non maternity clothing and its 6 weeks after she's been out.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? No trick or secret or anything of that sort... just a bit of advice, dont try to push labor, it'll happen when it happens. OWTs are just that - OWTs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    What is your baby's birth date? Jan. 19

Was he/she early or late? Late. Born at 40w5d

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? The contractions would be that painful and that sometimes the spinal catheter can shift meaning you only get the epi on one side. (really sucked for my c-section)

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Pumping right now because of low supply and supplementing 

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Spouse mostly

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Him not wanting to fall asleep

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Swings are amazing.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? 1/13/12

Was he/she early or late? 3 days past EDD.  Would have gone longer but I was sadly induced.

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? how long cytotec takes to work....

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Pampers

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? mostly DH

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? DD.  I want to spend all of my time with DS but DD (almost 3yo) requires so much attention that I feel like I'm missing out on the newborn stage.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Don't try to do everything :)  It's the little things in life that are the big sucesses!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1/17 - 2 days early

8lbs 5 oz, baby boy

Was not prepared to push for FOUR HOURS!

Breast feeding - 4 weeks EBF today!

Disposables, lots and lots of them

We aren't sure who he looks like but he's seriously cute

Hardest thing - he has reflux so we have to hold him for almost an hour after he eats - often times just as we can put him down he's hungry again!! Ahhh! Also, my husband went back to work just a couple of days after he was born. It's really hard getting up at night, diaper change, feeding him, holding him upright for an hour and then getting him back to bed and also doing this all day long without help/relief. I'm seriously sleep deprived but just keep reminding myself he needs me and I will miss this time when he's older.

Hint/trick - have a plan for someone to come over at least 2 or 3 hours a day to watch your LO so you can sleep or have some you time.  

• Options
    What is your baby's birth date? 1/18/12
    Was he/she early or late? Early- 39w1d
    What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? It went a lot faster than I expected... right around 12 hours, with only 30mins of pushing.
    Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? BFingAre you cloth diapering or using disposables? CDing!
    Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Maybe my nose, but otherwise DH.
    What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? How hard BFing is. It made me question myself as a mother :-/If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  Buy a RnP. Ask for help. Don't worry about cleaning. You, as a mother, are amazing and don't ever question that because of someone else.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date?   1/8/12

Was he/she early or late? 3 days early 

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I only pushed for six minutes. This was my second delivery and I managed to go out to dinner with my family, go to Babies R Us and drive my nephew to his friends house while contractions were 5-7 min apart. Once they got to less than 5 minutes it went from bearable to completely AWFUL.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? FF

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposable

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? A little of both. DS looks just like DH some I'm really hoping she continues to look like me. 

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Lack of sleep. Two kids 12 1/2 months apart is hard. 

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Space them out better than I did!!  Don't worry about cleaning. Take as much time off as you can. I went back to work when dd was 4 1/2 weeks.  I wish I didn't have to. 

• Options
     What is your baby's birth date? 2/2/12 - I didn't want to switch birth month boards so late in the game, and besides, I like you all. =)

Was he/she early or late? Late @ 41w1d

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I didn't expect to only push for 50 min. Everyone I'd talked to said that FTM typically pushed for 3 hours. My girl was ready to come out!

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables. My DH doesn't want to do cloth.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Combo. She has DH's eyebrows and facial shape, but my eyes and mouth.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? When she cluster-feeds and doesn't sleep. I can deal with one or the other, but when it's both, I just about lose my mind. I hate being tied to the couch with her either crying or constantly eating.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  The book "The Happiest Baby on the Block" has been wonderful so far in terms of keeping LO calm

Together - 11/9/08
         Married - 7/10/10
         Nt/Np - 1/14/11
        BFP! - 5/20/11 EDD - 1/25/12
        It's a girl! - 9/7/11
        A family of 3 - 2/2/12
        Nt/Np - 4/15/12
         BFP! - 5/16/13  EDD - 1/22/14
         Discovered baby's not growing w/ no heartbeat - 6/7/13      
        Natural M/C @ 6.5w - 6/15/13
        Nt/Np - 6/25/13
        BFP! - 10/25/13  EDD - 7/1/14
        Missed M/C (natural) - 11/5/13 @ 6w
        Nt/Np - 11/17/13
         BFP! - 5/29/14  EDD - 2/7/15
         It's a girl! - 9/19/14
        A family of 4 - 2/13/15
        Nt/Np - 4/9/15
        BFP! - 4/1/16  EDD - 12/05/16
    It's a boy! - 7/19/16
    A family of 5 - 12/10/16
    DH vasectomy - 3/30/17

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? January 19, 2012

Was he/she early or late? 5 days early

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I didn't expect to go numb.  During labor, my limbs (arms/hands, face) went numb.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Breast feeding

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Disposables for now.  We couldn't decide before she was born.

Does your LO look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Strange thing actually, she looks like my little sister.  Although most everybody says she looks like me.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since you LO arrived?  Hardest thing has probably been not having a 'schedule'.  I don't like not being able to plan ahead or be on time.  It never fails that she wants to eat as we should be walking out the door.  I am also having a hard time with the baby blues.  I am much more sensitive about everything these days.  And this is all exasperated by cluster feeding the last few days.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be?  As a first time mom, I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I don't know that I have anything horribly helpful to add to what has already been said.  

• Options

What is your baby's birth date?

January 3

Was he/she early or late?

She was three days late.

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?

That I wouldn't fall magically and insanely in love with my baby right away. Delivery sucks. Pushing really sucks. After 23 hours, I was too exhausted from it to give much of a d*mn about the baby. 

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?

Formula, I tried breast feeding but it just wasn't happening. We're much happier this way. 

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables?

Disposables 

She actually looks exactly like my brother... it's kind of creepy.  

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?

Trying to figure out how to do things like grocery shop and walk the dog with a baby. I feel like it's way more complicated than I ever expected it to be. 

If your LO fusses when you put him/her in the car seat, put them in and then lift it up and down a couple of times. Works like a charm.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What is your baby's birth date? January 8,2010

Was he/she early or late? Born at 37 weeks and 6 days

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? Fortunately, even though I was induced, labor went very smoothly for us.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula. I tried to BF but my body would not make milk. It was agonizing but in the end, it all worked out and LO is happy and healthy.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? He looks like DH but he has my nose and chin.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Definitely the lack of sleep...especially now that DH is back to working 3 days a week in Philadelphia, PA and we live near St. Louis, MO. 

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Hire a cleaning lady. The best money we spend all month because it takes the burden off of me. I am totally type A and anal retentively neat and can very easily let the worries about having everything in its place overcome me. Now that I know the bathrooms will be cleaned, I can relax and take care of LO while DH is gone three days a week. I know...I have issues.

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? 1/26

Was he/she early or late? 1 week early, scheduled c/s (I never really hung out on the February board so I'll jump in over here)

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? A scheduled c/s is world's different from an emergency c/s; that being said, my memory is still foggy in places from being rather out of it.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? FF, had big issues with BF

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? He looks just like DH.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? My body image issues - the weight has melted off no issue, but the mess of skin leftover on my belly after two back to back pregnancies has me off my nerves.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? If you FF, take the five minutes to wash bottles when there are only a handful to do - waiting until they all pile up because you sneak in a nap ends up making you and LO lose more sleep than it's worth.

• Options

What is your baby's birth date? 1/11/12.

Was he/she early or late? Early, but still term @ 37w1d.

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? Nothing, really, except that it was so totally doable. I had a drug-free birth center birth and I did a HypnoBirthing class. My support people told me that I would be able to do it and while I knew I would, I had no idea how capable I really was and how beautiful the whole process was.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Breastfeeding. We had some bumps in the road in the beginning (including some weight loss) but with the help of my lactation consultant and a nipple shield we are both happy and he is gaining beautifully.

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? Cloth. He only started to fit into them well last week but we have had no major issues. We are using prefolds and covers for now and then we will switch to mostly pockets when we get there.

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Neither, ha ha. He has thick hair like his dad and it is the color of mine. Otherwise, he looks like my dad!

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? Breastfeeding was really tough in the beginning. I tried to do most things naturally during my pregnancy and labor and delivery and I really assumed breastfeeding would come easily and naturally. I quickly learned that things don't always go as planned.

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Have confidence in yourself. You are a great mom and you know your baby best!

Jess and Michael Married 10/2006
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Whats your babys birth date?  1/9/12

Was he/she early or late?  Late - 41 weeks 2 days

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery?  I didn't expect to go in for a standard post date non stress test and find myself in an operating room having an emergency c-section.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding?  Breast feeding

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables?  Cloth

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? 100% DH

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived?  Breastfeeding was insanely, toe-curlingly painful for the first four weeks.  I really resented DH for being able to just enjoy the kid without having to suffer for him several times a day.  Then something happened and the feedings got better. 

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Tell your partner precisely what you need from them.  For example, I need DH to unload the dryer and put everything away where it belongs so I can get whatever I need quickly rather than (for example) sorting through a wrinkled pile of clean clothing looking for a breast pad with my boobs leaking all over the place getting everything all dirty again.  So I tell him where stuff goes rather than doing it for him - those days are over.  He is learning and I am less frustrated. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What is your baby's birth date? 12/23/11

12/22Was he/she early or late? Early, 36wk 1day

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? I thought I was a horrible mother because I didn't fall in love at first sight.

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? Formula

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? Combination

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? SLEEP!!

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Preparation is key. Everything doesn't have to be perfect...Explain things to DH/SO its true they really do not know some things like we do lol. Lastly enjoy time away from baby!
  • Options

imageLP0198:
    So I thought maybe a roll call and "getting to know you" post would be fun :)

What is your baby's birth date? 1.19.12

Was he/she early or late? born at 39 weeks, it was a scheduled c/s

What was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? this was my third c/s so nothing really seemed unexpected.  with DS2 my biggest surprise was the nausea for the first 24 hours.  i didn't have it with DS1 and was caught by surprise.  this time, i knew to expect it so the first sign of nausea i asked the nurse for meds for it... this time i didn't throw up at all and was able to control the nausea so much better!

Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breastfeeding

Are you cloth diapering or using disposables? disposables

Does your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? i think he looks like a combo.  everything above his nose looks like DS1 which is from me, his mouth and chin look like DS2 which is from DH.  i think his body is like DS1's which is DH also.

What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? managing three littles!

If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? everything is a season.  it might feel unbearable at times but remind yourself that it is JUST a season and a new season will follow it.

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What is your baby's birth date? 1.13.12Was he/she early or late? 3 days earlyWhat was the one thing you did not expect (or wish someone had told you) about the labor/delivery? Everything that comes with having an emergency c-section after 18 hours of labor.Are you breast feeding or formula feeding? breastfeedingAre you cloth diapering or using disposables?disposablesDoes your lo look like you, your so/spouse, or a combination? He looks exactly like DH's baby picture, but with my chin.What has been the hardest thing for you to deal with since your lo arrived? The hormones and mood swings! Learning how to communicate with DH about my needs without feeling like I'm nagging.If you could share one helpful hint, trick or secret with other moms, what would it be? Don't be hard on yourself when you make minor mistakes. Trial and error is how you learn.
  • Options

Phoenix's Birthdate = 1/18 and he was 2 days early.

I didn't expect my water to break but to still not go into labor naturally.  I had to be put on pitocin because my water broke at 3 a.m. but I still wasn't progressing by noon, and they wanted to make sure I delivered within 24 hours of water breaking.

I breastfeeding, but I supplement with formula when he still isn't full afterwards.

I use disposables because I am always forgetting to do laundry, and I could imagine the disaster when all the cloth diapers are dirty.

I think Phoenix looks alot like I did as a baby, but I see some of DH in him, and he got DH's length for sure.  He's going to be really tall like daddy, and I'm really short.

The hardest thing is when feeding LO hurts, but it's not every time.

I don't know if I have a helpful tip, but you really need to get used to doing things one-handed.  Oh, and be flexible.  Sometimes things that you thought you wouldn't do wind up being the only thing that works.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"