September 2012 Moms
Options

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's Day - tell us how you met your husband/SO?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

• Options

I actually met DH when I was in Junior High.  I was dating his best friend and he was dating mine.  We lost touch and then met back up in college.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We met in grad school.  It was funny--he's an intelligent guy, but he would contact me to "double-check" the reading assignments on various syllabi.  I remember initially thinking, how did he get into grad school if he doesn't know how to keep up with his classes?  Clearly, it was all a ploy.  Wink

We also constantly argue about who made the first move (first kiss), and I maintain HE did Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Happy Valentine's Day!

I met DH senior year of college while in a drunken stupor at a bar.  I know, so romantic ;)

• Options
    Aw Mands!  I love that you two were connected on that day - it was meant to be!
  • Options
    I love when people ask me how I met my husband, we both grin like idiots and say "He hired me".  My husband was my boss, he hired me to be his assistant.  I slept with the boss, I'm "that girl".  haha.  But it worked out - 7 years later I couldn't be happier with where life has led us.
  • Options
    We were dorm neighbors our senior year in college
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

mands, what a beautiful story... still know his BF?

I met DH at a party. We went to the same high school and he was the hot guy I stared at in math class. When I saw him at a party the year after I graduated, I made my move. Victim, prey, takedown! This man was ALL mine! 

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options

We actually met through mutual friends on myspace. One of his best friends was engaged to one of my best friends and I was on her top friends list on her page.  He asked her about me and she started the conversation between us...and one thing led to another and here we are today...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    We are high school sweethearts. My sister is also married to his brother. (They are 4 years older than us) He was always around. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We met working at a Sears store 9 years ago. I worked in the jewelry dept and he worked in tools. He had two friends that worked there as well and both of them were trying to "talk" to me so they invited me to a party and DH was sitting the backseat of the car really quiet the whole time. It thought he was mysterious and I ended up talking to him the whole night. We are still really good friends with the other guys (like we see them every week) and it's always a funny subject with us.
  • Options

We were both working for an English language school in Japan. He had already been there for 6 months when I arrived. Apparently he'd seen me around and was referring to me as "Ginny Weasley" because I have red hair and he didn't know my name!

I was sitting next to him one day, listening to him teach and he was talking about the hiking trip he'd just been on in his lovely Canadian accent (swoon!). After he finished his class, I asked him out and he said yes. The rest is history.

• Options
    We met in high school.  He was a senior and I was a junior.  I had a class with his good friend and his friend invited me to a party at his house and DH was there.  It was love at first sight! Cake
  • Options

During HS and College, I worked at a supermarket (customer service).  He lived across the street in the apts and would always be in buying Pasta & Moutain Dew.  We hung out one night after my shift, and the rest is history.

DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Options

He is 2 years older than me - and went to college in my hometown (Penn State). I went away to school, but one summer I was home and he was there for the summer. We met while waiting tables at an Italian restaurant :) 

I had a boyfriend at the time, and future-DH would ask me to hang out, but I never did. Haha. I liked him, though, and we got together a few years later. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemands629:
    imagenumb3rMel:

mands, what a beautiful story... still know his BF?

hahaha - nope.  He turned out to be a pathalogical liar who dropped out of college and started dating 16 year olds in his mid twenties.  Funny how things work out.

Well you obviously dodged that bullet! 16 years olds. He keeps getting older and they stay the same age. YUCK!

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    I sat behind DH in a sophomore high school class. We started taking to each other on his 16th birthday and became friends. He'd let me listen to his MP3 player in class :) We didn't start dating until the next year. 
    imageimage
  • Options

I was at my work Christmas party,and at the end of the night,I ended up sitting at a table with a woman who worked in my building and her son who was here from Mexico to stay for a year. I wound up talking with her son the rest of the night. We exchanged phone numbers that night and had our first date soon after. We fell in love right away and got engaged 3 months later. He did not return to Mexico until we went to visit his family a year later. Now, we have been happily married for almost 5 years.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We met in a bar in SF!

We're both from the UK and had met another Brit at this bar independently and he arranged for us all to go out drinking together. DH and I spent the whole night talking, he walked me home (perfect gentleman!) and then called me to ask me out the following weekend!

Our friends and family thought it was funny that I met and married a Brit over here and not an American.

• Options

DH and I met in college. I dated his best friend/fraternity brother/roommate, so we had the chance to get to know one another fairly well.

Two years after his friend and I broke up, DH and I started dating (w/ his friend's permission, lest ye think DH didn't abide the Man Code). His friend was the Best Man @ our wedding, and he's DS's Godfather. Life's funny.

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Awesome story, Mands! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! 

MH and I met at a bar on an island in Thailand. I was doing a semester abroad and he was there teaching English. Hubby was travelling that weekend with a bunch of female fellow teachers, and my womanizer friend Pete wanted to talk to them so he pawned hubby off on me. I seriously thought it was too hot for me! But we spent the whole night together on the beach and I was pretty sure I'd met my future husband! We were living about 12 hours away from one another in Thailand until we both returned to North America (he's Canadian, I'm American) so it was long distance from the start.

We were long distance for another 3 years (and broke up a couple of times due to the distance and infrequent visits) before I moved to Montreal to be with him!  

• Options

Awesome story, Mands! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! 

MH and I met at a bar on an island in Thailand. I was doing a semester abroad and he was there teaching English. Hubby was travelling that weekend with a bunch of female fellow teachers, and my womanizer friend Pete wanted to talk to them so he pawned hubby off on me. I seriously thought he was too hot for me! But we spent the whole night together on the beach and I was pretty sure I'd met my future husband! We were living about 12 hours away from one another in Thailand until we both returned to North America (he's Canadian, I'm American) so it was long distance from the start.

We were long distance for another 3 years (and broke up a couple of times due to the distance and infrequent visits) before I moved to Montreal to be with him!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"