High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

? for those on Lovenox (only take in 1st tri?)

My RE started me on Lovenox (40 mg) when I was 6 weeks. I saw my OB for the first time last Friday at almost 9w, and she said that there are more studies that show that Lovenox is not needed during PG. She said I only have to take it in my first tri.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Just wondering what your experiences are.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
* CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
* Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
* PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
* DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those on Lovenox (only take in 1st tri?)

• Options

I have MTFHR.  My understanding from my doctors is that I don't have the most severe form.  I was put on Lovenox when we were TTC by my RE.  My MFM is weaning me off of it.  He viewed it as being largely precautionary because I've had so many losses.  

I think a lot depends on why you're on it.  If you're uncomfortable, get a second opinion. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just put a call into my RE. Since I've had so many losses, I'm leery about going off of it. 

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I wish! So not my experience. I have LAC (weak positive) with no history of clotting, but was put on Lovenox in the 3rd trimester (which is when we found out I was pregnant) and recently got moved to Heparin. I will be off Heparin for labor and delivery, but then put back on Lovenox for 6 weeks following my delivery (ugh).
  • Options
    I take 40mg twice a day for APS. I have been on it since CD3 and I will continue it until 32-34 weeks at which time I will be switched to heparin. It probably depends why you were put on it. Do you have a clotting disorder?
  • Options
    I think it depends on your specific situation and how cautious your doctor is.  I had one doctor (in another state before I was pregnant) tell me that Lovenox might not be necessary for me in a future pregnancy, but my OB here said that it is.  (I have a history of DVT and tested negative for all clotting disorders).  If you are nervous about it, though, ask for a second opinion.  Chances are you could easily find a doctor who would say you should be on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am appx. 5.3 weeks pregnant and start heparin yesterday. OB will have me on it the entire 9 months plus 6 weeks after. I have MTHFR, no history of clotting but I have had early pregnancy loss. Curious to see what others have to say too.
  • Options
    I have APS, and started on the Lovenox as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  I was told I will have to stay on it until about 36 weeks, then back on for 6 weeks after birth.  I would definitely check to make sure.
    sweet angel baby #1 m/c 12/05 !2 weeks sweet angel baby #2 m/c 3/11 6 weeks diagnosed with APS sweet angel baby #3 m/c 9/11 5 weeks Miracle baby EDD 6/15/12 on Enoxaparin Sodium (Lovenox) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Definitely depends on why you are on it.  I have a prior DVT and PE so the thinners are more for me than the baby.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I have APS and my MFM put me on 75mg lovenox twice a day with an 81mg aspirin once a day. I will be put on heparin at 35wks and induced at 37wks. I then will be back on lovenox for 6wks after. I say to get a second opinon and make sure if you really need to be on it. I would not want to take the chance of needing to be on it but not being on it and something happening. Best of luck to you, I hope that you get things figured out soon.
  • Options
    i havent had any clots but was put on lovenox as a precaution for my whole 2nd pregnancy. i am heterozygous for FVL and MTHFR.  Im on my 3rd pregnancy now and doc says they are now saying lovenox is not needed if you havent had any clots and are heterozygous.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
    My Ovulation Chart
    early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"