September 2012 Moms
Options

Meat

Is anyone else having a hard time eating any kind of meat? I devour all the sides, but I try to eat the meat and just can't Sad I have to force myself to take a couple bites.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meat

• Options
    Me too.  Sometimes, just the thought of it makes me ill. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That was me yesterday at lunch. We went to a barbeque place, and the meat wasn't working out for me.

I did, however, have an amazing Original Turkey Sandwich from Schlotzsky's and devoured it. 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm having issues with unprepared meat.  Every morning I figure out whats for dinner and start to prep, some of the dishes we eat require marinating all day.  If I have to put raw chicken in a marinade in the morning I cannot eat it for dinner, even if I haven't touched it the rest of the day

and undercooked food in general is gag-tastic :(

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's been grossing me out too :(  DH made some fantastic steak recently, and I couldn't eat it at all.  I've been trying to eat lots of beans, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt etc. to keep my protein intake up!  I think it's the texture of the meat that has been bothering me.  And it always seems dry :/  But...this has been my only food aversion...I've been eating plenty of everything else!
  • Options

totally in the same boat! ... meats, poultry and seafood are totally grossing me out ... i'm trying to eat eggs to compensate, but can barely stomach eggs either.  Actually most food is grossing me out these days.  I can really only stomach fruits, starches and dairy.  These food aversions are killing me!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

That's so weird!  I think I'm the only pregnant lady who still loves meat.  I made pork chops the other day and had steak a bit before that.  I've had specialty hot dogs from the butcher and fish and chips is still one of my favorites...in fact I might have that for dinner tonight. I'm such a carnivore...  The one thing I absolutely hate right now, the smell of microwaved popped corn, Barf!

• Options
    What sucks is I'm a major carnivore. I LOVE meat. That's why it's so weird to me. I've never had this before. First pregnancy though so I have no idea what really to expect haha
  • Options
    Me! Im hvaing such a hard time with anything to even do with meat. I dont want to prepare it or eat it! Blah, I couldn't even buy DH a steak for tomorrows dinner :(  I hope this passes soon!
  • Options
    I haven't had been able to eat any meat, poultry, or fish for 2-3 weeks. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick. I was the same way when I was pregnant with DD.  I can't remember when my meat aversion went away with her, but it definitely did at some point.
    The little love of my life... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I know I'm not quite getting enough protein but I've had trouble with that too. I can't cook meat and can't look at it raw. Poor DH has to do most of the cooking. I've been able to eat breaded chicken (chicken nuggets... OM NOM NOM). Not super healthy, but better than nothing I guess. 

• Options

I cannot be anywhere near raw meat right now...GAG! I've been able to keep down tuna and crackers, but I can only have that twice a week so it isn't helping much. I'm making some chicken salad with red grapes and walnuts for lunch tomorrow (hubby's favorite) and I'm hoping the sweetness of the grapes and the fact that it's cold will make it bearable for me to eat some too (maybe even enjoy it...we'll see). I ate some chicken nuggets last week as well, and they were delicious.

I teach fourth grade and all of the food smells at lunch send me over the edge everyday (well, that and the burping contests, dares to mix disgusting combinations of food together, and so on and so forth). My students have been banned from mixing food together and showing me anything remotely gross at lunch. I told them if they make me sick they are cleaning it up, lol. 

• Options

I am ok with it in the am as well, but the last week or so, I really don't want to look at any kind of uncooked meat in the pm. I'm ok with eggs and such, it's actually mostly chicken and red meat that's been making my stomach a little queasy.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    I am a bit adverse to meat these days. Really enjoying creamy foods and carbs.
    8/27/10 MC at 14 wks ~ 5/22/11 David was Stillborn at 23 wks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"