Postpartum Depression
Options

Now that I think about it....

....I think I was suffering from PPD or PPA.  Perhaps it's still lingering?  I never felt comfortable discussing it with my DR because he dismissed my concerns when I was dealing with some kind of infection about 3 weeks PP.  I was blue for the first 3 weeks and never felt that instant connection until he was about 4 weeks old.  And I still have MAJOR anxiety about my ability to care for him by myself.  I am feeling about 80% better and almost feel like "me" again.  Do I just wait it out and let it run it's course or should I talk to my DR?

Thanks!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Now that I think about it....

• Options

If you are already feeling 80% better... I would wait it out.... I am currently on medication and even though I am feeling much better, I would really love to be able to feel better without meds.... which in your case I think is possible, by eating healthy, doing excersice, taking some time for yourself... I believe you can be 100% better... But if you feel you should talk about this with your doctor, it is never a bad idea just to be safe......

Being on meds is common but it is (In my own opinion) very tricky.... because once you start anti'ds you cant just stop them like any other medicines... you have to wean off carefully... with the risk of nasty side effects.

Personally, before feeling better, I started feeling weird, very anxious, and could not sleep the first week, after that, I started sensing a weird me... now I have moments where I feel energy and joy I didn't feel before starting meds, but still not myself 100% and not completely "better"... I feel like 60% better.... I have started to take a lot of natural supplements in order to "replace" anti-d's along with therapy, excersice and a positive mind... I really don't want to be on this meds forever, neither for a long time... this is just my input hopefully it will help you make a choice...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

also, anxiety about taking care of a newborn, regardless if its your first or fifth, I think it is pretty normal to some level...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's causing a problem in your life, bring it up with your doctor. It sounds like you had baby blues and are getting out of the slump, but that's not to say you don't have PPD or PPA. Just observe yourself, if you continue to get better that's great! If you don't, don't be afraid to speak up about it. And if your doctor dismissed an infection then you may want to look for another one, (s)he doesn't sound like (s)he's right for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"