Minnesota Babies

If you see an RE and have endometriosis

Would your RE do your lap? My RE referred me to a surgeon and I was talking about it on another board and they were worried about their certifications and insurance. I went to the center for reproductive medicine. I need to go back and now I'm all worried. Where do you go if its different?
DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
Eliot. Born 6/18/10
Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
D&C 1/10/12
My Blog
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If you see an RE and have endometriosis

• Yea, I figured I might not find much info here, but I'm specifically looking for local experience with the Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Here's my post if that helps anyone:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/62594708.aspx

Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr. Haislet at Diamond Women's Center in Edina, hands down. He is the best and most knowledgable around here for endometriosis . Their office even does some fertility treatments (IUI, etc). I have severe endo and I wouldn't have gotten pregnant with my (now 13 month old) son without them. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks - did you feel like he was really proactive? I am sick of dr's telling me nothing's wrong when I know something is wrong, and them not just doing simple tests to make sure.

Yea, I credit my lap for my pregnancy too. 3 months afterwards I got my BFP.

Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a lap done in July by Dr.Ed Beadle at MN gynecology and surgery in Edina.  He is consistently a Mpls/St.Paul "Top Doc," and he specializes in gynecologic surgery.  I had endo pains for years before going there, and I was quickly diagnosed (the endo was bad enough to be visible on ultrasound) and they were able to get me scheduled for surgery within the next couple of weeks. 

He did an awesome job with the surgery- I conceived on the 1st try after getting the green light after my lap (I also had cysts and polyps to complicate things further).  They took care of my prenatal appts up to 12 weeks, and then referred me to an OB practice.  However, if the endo comes back after the baby is born, I would absolutely go back to Dr. Beadle! 

Good luck with your search- it's nerve-wracking to have to undergo surgery, but it was a lot easier than I thought it would be!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"