Pregnant after 35

I feel old

There's a girl on the August '12 board whose 28th birthday is today.

I turned 10 years older than that in October :(

Re: I feel old

• Take heart - I'm pregnant with my first - due August 19 -- and I'm 37.  I keep remembering my grandma who had my mother when she was 39 in 1948!  If Helen could do it back then (7th child, btw) we can do it in 2012!  Best to you and me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhh, 28.  That was when I first threw away my BCPs...!!  It's been a long time.
  • Loading the player...
  • A student of mine, over 20 years ago ( preschool) had a baby recently with his girlfriend. I am 37 pregnant with my first....I feel really old.
  • Folks, I'll have just turned 41 when this baby (my first) is born.  Put that in your pipes and smoke it! Is it what I wanted? Not quite, no, but it's the way it is, and it's going to be great.
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • imagelhcooper:
    Folks, I'll have just turned 41 when this baby (my first) is born.  Put that in your pipes and smoke it! Is it what I wanted? Not quite, no, but it's the way it is, and it's going to be great.

You got it, sister!!  Smile  It's funny when my husband and I were digesting the news that I am in fact pregnant - he said "pregnant at 40!" and I groaned a little.  He said "now how can that make you feel old??"  Well, lots of ways actually - but in all seriousness I got his point and it did make me feel better.  Yes

• Thanks guys. I know I'm not that old and that we're not all some weird, freaky anomaly, it just really bugged that that girl is by no means a particularly young mom and she's still more than 10 years younger than me.

And what's crazy is I wouldn't trade places with her! I wasn't ready for kids at 28. I wasn't even ready for kids at 30.

Blerg, just venting. 

• I'm 43 Yesterday and I don't feel old at all!  Blessings to all you ladies!  Let's show em how it's done! :O)
  • I'm 36 and working on my first, I will be 37 when LO is born.  What makes me feel old is DH's sister just had her first baby a week ago, and she is almost exactly 10 years younger than me (her birthday is 7 days before mine).

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagePrissyMom:
    I'm 43 Yesterday and I don't feel old at all!  Blessings to all you ladies!  Let's show em how it's done! :O)

this ... i'll be 43 in march ... i only feel old when kids in their 20's don't get my seinfeld references. 

• We get better with age, ladies. We're older, wiser and better prepared to handle life's ups and downs than any 20-something!!!  =)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • As long as she isn't complaining about being old. I hate it when I read those "how old are you" posts and someone says, "I'm an old mom. I'm 31". Makes me all stabby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 40 and on my 2nd. Do I feel old...hell ya! So many people I went to high school with sending their kids to college this year.

I just go with the flow and realize I cannot change my age. Also, I wouldn't change anything about my life!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageleffe1:

I am 40 and on my 2nd. Do I feel old...hell ya! So many people I went to high school with sending their kids to college this year.

I just go with the flow and realize I cannot change my age. Also, I wouldn't change anything about my life!

Right there with you!  I'll be having #2 six weeks before my 40th. You know what?  I feel proud of that!!  I took the time in my 20's to figure myself out and THANK GOD didn't marry the jacka$$ I dated all through law school.  I didn't meet DH until I was almost 33, got married at 35, had our first at 37.  Things are going the way they are supposed to :)  If you ever feel "old" just remember that you have life experiences that are priceless that you can teach your kids about.  Those young 'uns might have more energy, but I'll take the wisdom, thank you very much :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep.  37 here...will be 38 when this one...my first is born.  Try this one...none of my high school friends know yet.  Waiting for awhile...maybe once LO is born before I announce it to the world.  However, I have several friends I went to high school with that have GRANDCHILDREN!  And not just one...two or three...Oh.Em.Gee!  I guess that's what you get when you grow up in a tiny town in Texas with only one stop light (I still remember when it was a stop sign)...nothing to do to occupy the mind, so occupying the body was the name of the game.  It was so bad, the year after I graduated, the school opened a nursery to keep girls in school!  WHAT???  Reminds me of the Garth Brooks song, "Nobody Gets Off in This Damn Town," except I think everyone was getting "off."  Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll be 42 in April and Hubby will be 24 with first who is due March 11th.. never underestimate us "elderly" mommas Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one in college and I'm having another (7th). I also have one in diapers still, two in elementary, and two in middle school. This is what I do. I make people. Oh, and I'm 38. That's an after thought for me. If I pondered it too much I might not get out of bed :) j/k!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'll be 40 in a few weeks and there are times when I feel old. The whole being "40" gets me at times. I take care of myself to look healthy and fit , and I don't look over 35, but I am.

But chin up! I'm so happy that I'll be a mom and that happy feeling makes me feel younger! 

Lets remeber that Attitude can add or subtract years, so keep a positive one and smile .

DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU
  • I'm 36 (will be 37 when I deliver) and this is my first baby.  I didn't want children in my 20s or early 30s - and even though when I do the math in my head for future milestones, i.e., high school/ college gradutation, I think *whoa - seriously?* - I wouldn't change where I am in my life or my relationship with my husband for anything, including a 10 year age reduction.

I completely agree with the pps, i.e., attitude is everything!  And I can't think of a better (or more rewarding) way to stay young at heart (and in body and mind, too) than to have a child. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestever:

And what's crazy is I wouldn't trade places with her! I wasn't ready for kids at 28. I wasn't even ready for kids at 30.

Blerg, just venting. 

I'm 35 and expecting my first any day now and I feel the same way.  Although it was hard in many ways to delay having kids (societal and family pressure), I really wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'm so much more financially secure and emotionally prepared for having kids now.  I think that I have so much more to offer my baby because of my age.  I've done what I wanted to do without kids so there are no regrets! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • So, I teach immigrant students at high school, and one of my students is dropping out because she's pregnant - 19 years old.  That does make me feel like a dinosaur at 37 waiting for baby #1. . .

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Shortly after this one gets here I am hoping to attend my 20 high school class reunion, lol.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"