Parenting after 35

website for charting to avoid pregnancy??

does this exist?

like the anti fertility friend???

based on my age and recent experience, it's pretty clear that my fertility is low ... but i don't want to take any chances.  and i don't want anything hormonal.  so, i was wondering if anyone knew of a website where you can chart signs, like FF, but that works for avoiding.

or ... have you ever used FF to avoid?  and has that been successful???

TIA 

Re: website for charting to avoid pregnancy??

• Bad idea if you really don't want to get pregnant.  Why no hormones?  I've got mirena and I love it but there are IUDs that are non-hormonal, I would suggest researching those maybe? 

We used FF loosely but knowing that a pregnancy was a distinct possiblity.  See signature on how that worked out...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLauraLynneC:

Bad idea if you really don't want to get pregnant.  Why no hormones?  I've got mirena and I love it but there are IUDs that are non-hormonal, I would suggest researching those maybe? 

We used FF loosely but knowing that a pregnancy was a distinct possiblity.  See signature on how that worked out...

Ditto. I can't use hormones, we used a copper IUD. Still got KU'd on it. The only way I'd be comfortable using a charting method was only to do it during my period. Try condoms and IUD, or condoms and cervical cap, anything. And "permanent" birth control isn't foolproof either.

I also thought my fertility was off at points, the gap in my kids ages isn't all on purpose. I would have a backup plan for the charting.

• Loading the player...
  • I have been successfully using FF to chart to avoid since having my son. There are a lot of great resources online to read up on charting to avoid. FF helps me to keep track of my cycles and symptoms and know when my safe days are. It may not be the best site for charting to avoid, but they already had a lot of my cycle information already from when I was charting to get pregnant, so I didn't look around for another site.

Lots of people chart to avoid instead of screwing up their body with hormones.

You have to be serious about it and put effort into it, but is very definitely possible. If you only, sort of chart then you will likely end up pregnant because you weren't paying close attention to your body.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"