2nd Trimester

Do you need baby hangers?

Do you need to use baby hangers for clothes or does regular hangers work?
image image 

Re: Do you need baby hangers?

• Depends on what you are hanging up - with this LO we are hanging most of the clothes and baby hangers work great with onesies and clothes with long sleeves. Baby hangers are smaller so not as much hangs out the arm holes. 

You don't have to but some items you may find difficult to stretch on a big hanger. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Girl, those baby clothes are tiny!  I'm totally neurotic and hang up everything, but even the baby hangers are too big for some of the newborn/0-3 month stuff.  They are pretty cheap and will ensure the clothes aren't all stretched out from regular hangers. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Regular hangers stretch out the sleeves of my DS's short sleeve shirts and don't fit into his long sleeve shirts.  We definitely use the baby hangers for his collared/button up shirts.  I'd also use them a ton for little girl dresses that I don't want to get wrinkled.  I think you should at least get one pack.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby ones for sure! My girls clothes (especially the little sizes) would never fit on an adult hanger! They're super cheap too. Under $2 for a 10 pack at Target I think.
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Definitely use the baby hangers!

BUT I don't think I've bought a single one for DD1. I just ask to keep them every time I buy something on a hanger. I don't think I remember ever being turned down either. I've accumulated quite the collection over the last 2 years!

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby hangers work best. You can get 10 for about a buck. Totally worth it!

• Adult shirt hangers would not work with most baby clothes.  You don't need the frilly hangers though, just the basic plastic ones.  A lot of places include the hangers with the clothes purchase, so we've actually gotten rid of a ton of hangers over the years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby hangers work well for a lot of baby/toddler sized stuff. Some things you can get onto regular ones, but we really use the small ones for the LOs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby, for sure.  I got an 18 pack at Target for $1.09 the other day.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • baby clothes don't fit on adult hangers - PSA
    lolololo
  • Thanks, y'all!  That's good to know about baby stores.  I had no idea.  I have a million hangers at home so I never want them/ask for them.  I'll pick up a few packs here and there to get me started.
    image image 

• Yes, they definitely come in handy and they are still the most size appropriate for my 3.5 year old's clothing
  • I like the baby hangers from Target because they are cheap.  It just makes the baby clothes look better.  It looks better than the hangers from the store. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • My daughter is 5 and I still use the "baby hangers" to hang her dresses and other items in her closet. 
    Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012
  • They are really cheap at target or walmart but another option is to check out your local goodwill.  I bought a couple packs of like 20 or 25 for less than a dollar.  whenever people donate baby clothes with hangers they sell the hangers.
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"