1st Trimester
Options

Arby's Roast Beef!?!

I have a craving coming on... Are Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches okay to eat!??  Just left the DR this morning with all the information about pregnancy (Was my "confirmation" appointment) and they included the packet about deli meats, which has me freaked out due to the fact I LOVE sandwiches!!!

What do you think?

Re: Arby's Roast Beef!?!

• Options
    Arby's roast beef is usually hot on the sandwich, so it should be fine.  As long as it is heated to steaming, all deli meat is fine, though some aren't appetizing to think of that warm!
  • Options
    I think I am blown away by this question. It is as okay as any other cooked beef.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aren't those sandwhiches hot? Huh?

• Options
    Yes, they are cooked.
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm. Delicious roast beast. So good, you won't care that your baby has 3 eyes.
  • Options
    No, it's not okay because Arby's is nasty.
  • Options
    Only if you do drive thru.....eating in the actual Arby's is a definite NO NO!
  • Options
    OH. GOOD. LORD.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageTimsMayBride:
    No, it's not okay because Arby's is nasty.

::snort::

Of course it's fine. Is a cheeseburger ok to eat? Of course (and IMO recommended) It's the same sort of thing

• Options

It's never safe to eat.  It's not even real food Ick!

• Options

imageJARbaby:
    Yes, they are cooked.

Good to know.  Never eat the stuff.

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about deli meats either, for that matter. The risk is very small. I have been eating deli meat since day one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    Um - last time I checked - Arby's roast beef sandwiches were hot.....anything heated is OK to eat.....and for the record - I still eat it not heated sometimes.....you are going to have a long pregnancy if you freak out about food like that....
  • Options

imagevelvetflip:

LOL, exactly.  Confused

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

my angel babies: 6/10 (chem. pg), 9/10 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    what do I think?  well, I think you might have a problem ordering a sandwich with all the stupid in your head.
  • Options

WHAT??? Are you serious?

Oh wait, she thinks "prego" is cute too...explains it all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagevelvetflip:

LMAO!!!!! 

• Options

imagepretty_helmet:
    what do I think?  well, I think you might have a problem ordering a sandwich with all the stupid in your head.

LMAO. 

• Options

This is my first pregnancy too so I understand your concern after visiting the doctor.  I find these boards to be very helpful in answering common questions but oftentimes frustrating because there seems to be a lot of backlash for asking questions.  To some, these questions may seem simplistic or unnecessary but for others, these questions are a way to ease some anxiety that we may have about being pregnant for the first time. 

I, too, have read the warnings about deli meat.  I have picked up a few books about pregnancy and those have been helpful but I think that deli meats should be consumed in moderation, just like caffeine, fish and other foods.   

• Options
    imagehaveandhold:

This is my first pregnancy too so I understand your concern after visiting the doctor.  I find these boards to be very helpful in answering common questions but oftentimes frustrating because there seems to be a lot of backlash for asking questions.  To some, these questions may seem simplistic or unnecessary but for others, these questions are a way to ease some anxiety that we may have about being pregnant for the first time. 

it is called "common sense".  I know it might be a foreign concept to you but approach it like a spooked pony: cautiously and with a peppermint.

• Options
    imagehaveandhold:

lol.  It is clear your anxiety cancels out all possibilities of common sense.

• Options

Oh I have common sense and no, it is not a foreign concept.  Simply put, some people don't seem to have respect for those who post questions on this board.  We are all just seeking a little reassurance here. 

• Options
    Had one yesterday and it was delish!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    imagehaveandhold:

Oh I have common sense and no, it is not a foreign concept.  Simply put, some people don't seem to have respect for those who post questions on this board.  We are all just seeking a little reassurance here. 

Do those that ask these questions not really read through the information they claim to have gotten. Or do they just disregard it and opt for stranger advice instead? 

• Options

My thoughts are that yes, we do read through information and that no we don't disregard it and opt for a stranger's advice instead.  I read about the deli meat warnings in my information packet too.  And I have read countless posts on here about not worrying about the deli meat warnings in my information packets.  Most people want some kind reassurance and a little guidance.  Some people might feel intimidated to ask their doctors or nurses questions and seek out peer advice instead. 

I don't even mind those who answer and say "this question was just answered a few posts down..." At least that doesn't seem condescending. 

Just my two cents on a lovely Friday afternoon. 

• Options
    imagehaveandhold:

I don't even mind those who answer and say "this question was just answered a few posts down..." At least that doesn't seem condescending. 

• Options
    imagehaveandhold:

Some people might feel intimidated to ask their doctors or nurses questions and seek out peer advice instead. 

Ahhh, yes.  Because my business degree trumps a specialized medical degree when it comes to handing out pregnancy advice.

This arguement makes no sense.  If you're afraid of your doctor, switch. 

• Options

imageSummersJuly15:
    Um - last time I checked - Arby's roast beef sandwiches were hot.....anything heated is OK to eat.....and for the record - I still eat it not heated sometimes.....you are going to have a long pregnancy if you freak out about food like that....

And we'll all have a longer pregnancy listening to it

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:
    imagehaveandhold:

oh blair.  somedays I just want to snuggle you.

• Options
    imagepretty_helmet:
    imageBlairWaldorf:
    imagehaveandhold:

oh blair.  somedays I just want to snuggle you.

It's because I am just so gosh-darn lovable, pretty Wink

• Options

imagehtomeo:

Do those that ask these questions not really read through the information they claim to have gotten. Or do they just disregard it and opt for stranger advice instead? 

Why are ANY of us here if asking for stranger advice is so reprehensible?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Have a great weekend everyone.  I am so glad that there are so many positively wonderful people who post on this board.  It warms my heart to no end to know that I have truly found an outlet where I can speak freely and openly without ridicule. 

• Options
    I worked as a microbiologist for years and surprisingly there is more Listeria in veggies then meat. If you are worried order it and stick it in the microwave fir 10 seconds it will kill anything and make you feel better. Same is true with toast sandwiches at subway. Happy pregnancy!
  • Options
    AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited September 2014

I, too, have read the warnings about deli meat.  I have picked up a few books about pregnancy and those have been helpful but I think that deli meats should be consumed in moderation, just like caffeine, fish and other foods.   

It's not backlash. The answers are often short and a little sarcastic when it's a common sense question that's been beat to death. My suggestion would be to use the search bar to find common threads and if you are frustrated by this "backlash" you speak of you can always find another pregnancy forum.
    Shit! Who keeps resurrecting ancient threads?
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Options
    I've been craving those sandwiches so much! I've had two this week!

imageimage

• Options
    I eat arbys. I eat cold cuts. I dont care. Ive had two healthy pregnancies before doing the same. Run along now and start counting calories while you're at it. Everything is fine in moderation...weh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"