Baby Names

'Preppy' names and/or Classic names

We're Team Green and I'm having a difficult time coming up with a name that I love.  Boys tend to be much more difficult for me.  Girls... I can think of a bunch of names I love.  My daughter is Charlotte and to give you an idea of other names we like, I will list some below... please share some thoughts of your own.  Any names come to mind?  TIA

Caroline, Elizabeth (nn Betsy), Lily, Catherine, Kate, Sophia, Ava, Victoria, Jacqueline, Leah, Ainsley

Andrew, William, Bennett, Daniel, Desmond, Reid

Can you think of anything else or pair anything up to make a good first and middle name combo??  :) 

Re: 'Preppy' names and/or Classic names

• My name is Elizabeth Grace and if we have a girl I want to switch it and name her Grace Elizabeth.  I love my name.  Lots of nick names available.  And I don't think its too classic or out of date.  But Just my opinion. 
  • Thank you!  I LOVE your name!  Elizabeth Grace is beautiful!  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Jacqueline of the ones you listed. I think it fits your preferences and is underused, especially compared with Ava and Sophia.

I think William Bennett sounds pretty cool too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My name is Katherine Eliza and DD is Marielle Claire (NN Mari, soft a) and DS is Alistair William (Alistair is Scottish for Alexander, which I also love but DH doesn't like Alex). My sister just had a little girl last night and named her Abigail, NN Abby, joining sibs Benjamin and Natalie. A friend had a Caroline Elizabeth a few days ago, NN Cece. Other ideas... Amelia, Audrey, Avery, Margaret, Molly, Hannah, Rachel, Eleanor, Beatrice, Alexander, Beckett, Jackson, Oliver, Samuel, Henry, Nicholas, Max... Have you skimmed the SS name list yet?
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love preppy/classic names too.  My DD is Katherine Grace (we call her Kate) and I adore her name.  She is definitely a "Kate" but I can call her Katherine if I need to be more formal and occasionally call her Katie (very very occasionally).  I love that her name is versatile and that she can decide what fits her as she ages.

Other names I have considered that fit the "preppy" feel to me:  Caroline, Tessa, Allison, Lauren, Elizabeth, Claire and Abigail.

Tessa Claire and Allison Elizabeth were front runners had our DS been another girl. 

Good luck!

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• I really like your lists (except for Ainsley and Bennett), so I guess I like preppy/classic names too.  Some others from my list:

Girls:  Alice, Cecilia, Colleen, Cora, Corinne, Diana, Felicity, Georgia, Gwyneth, Helen, Iris, Ivy, Irene, Jane, Jillian, Juliet, June, Kathleen, Leona, Lucy, Nadia, Nina, Rachel, Sabrina, Victoria

Boys: Alec, Arthur, Calvin, Charles, Donovan, Graham, Ian, Joel, Lawrence, Leo, Lewis, Miles, Neil, Simon

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How about:

Lydia Hope - my first choice if DS would have been a girl.  DH vetoed.
    Samantha, Danielle, Savannah, Juliet, Rebecca, Emily, Sarah, Hannah

Logan James - my first choice for DS, but DH didn't like it.
    Christopher, Bailey, Colby, Patrick, Phillip, Victor, Levi, Wesley, Kevin, Brett 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Love your choices and style ;)

My little girls are Elizabeth Grace (nn Ellie) and Abigail Jane (nn Abby). I also really love Molly, Claire, Catherine and Caroline.

I'm 34wks with baby#3 a boy! and yes, boys names are much tougher. DH's name is Daniel so that will be our middle name and we're deciding between Owen and Benjamin for the first name. Also like Henry, James, William, Jacob and Andrew.

good luck!

• Boys names: Spencer, Weston, Wesley, Baron, Simon, Dean
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tad, Bradley, Chad, Chase

Blair, Bunny, Ashley

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Love classic names...

I love the name Caroline and if this bean is a girl it "may" be the MN.  Eloise is a beautiful name as well (hehehe look at siggy).  Embarrassed

I love the name Bennett as well - I love the NM Ben.  So simple and classic.  Daniel is cute!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOVE the girls names you have listed...all are on my list except Ainsley (NMS) 

SOme other potentials... 

GIrls: Hannah, Annaliese, Emily, Claire, Abigail, Allison

Boys: Benjamin (ds' name), Nolan, Liam, Carter

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • My girls are Hannah Marie and Emily Claire. If I have another girl, I'll use Charlotte Jane...so apparently we have similar tastes. :-) I love the name Andrew for a boy...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • What about Theodore or Edward for a boy, with nn Teddy.  That seems very preppy to me and I like Charlotte and Teddy together.
  • I love everyones suggestions.  Thank you so much!  I hope to see more people post with classic/preppy names in their title so I know to take a look at their lists/names as well.  :)  My daughter is Charlotte Brooke.  I have a feeling I'm having a boy... so, I need to really think more about boys names.  If I was having a girl I'd have difficulty picking between a bunch of beautiful names... with a boy... I can't think of one that I am just in love with (besides William which I think will be too popular for me this year).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"