Blended Families
Options

My silly 2 cents on Amex/Visa GCs

I am not flaming anyone for getting them for teens, I can totally see why you would but I wanted to give my 2 cents for what it's worth.  Having dealt with a teen that did her fair share of lying and buying things that you would not want her to have (had nothing to do with GCs though) I would not recommend these types of GCs for kids because they can be used anywhere including on the internet to get things or access to stuff that you would not be ok with.  Even if they do not have access to a computer at home they do at their friend's house.  Like I said, I am not aware that SD ever did this but after all we went through last school year it made me more aware and last Christmas I specifically told my SIL that if she was getting SD a GC to please make it store specific...I did not need her using what was meant for a new outfit on cigarettes and whatever else.

Of course I know there are tons of trustworthy kids but it just concerns me.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: My silly 2 cents on Amex/Visa GCs

• Options
    That's funny Littlejen - I never even thought about my girls using them to go online and buy things they shouldn't.  My FIL always gets the kids gift cards for christmas (which I prefer, since otherwise his ideas for them are stupid).  But - I've always held on to the cards, so they didn't lose them...so I have a good idea on what they go for.  Good to think about though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"