Two Under 2

What car do you drive??

DH and I have been shopping around for a new car seat for DS, and we are both shocked at how big they are.  We plan on having 2 or 3 kids, but they will be close enough in age that they will all still be in car seats at the same time.  What kind of car do you drive that is big enough for the whole family plus car seats?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What car do you drive??

• Toyota Sienna
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I drive a GMC Acadia. I love it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Chevy Equinox. We can fit 3 carseats in the backseat because DD is in a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (the company is now Diono). It's a great, although expensive, carseat - it is narrow, but goes up to 80lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honda Pilot! LOVE it :)
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Honda Pilot - It will fit all 3 carseats. We have a Graco Nautilus, Britax Marathon 70 and Chicco Keyfit 30. We played around with them the other day and can put all 3 in the 2nd row if I want too. I think through we're going to put DS1 and his nautilus in the 3rd row (it splits 40/60) in the 40 part. Then put DS2 and baby next to each other in the 2nd row. That way if one of us needs to sit back there when traveling me can but we still have room in the back for the double stroller and other stuff.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Honda Pilot, and I absolutely love it!

Lots of storage, and the seats fold down multiple ways. We have a Britax Boulevard 70CS car seat for our 2 year old, and the Chicco keyfit30 for our 1 year old. Aaron will be transitioning into his Britax soon, so we installed it just to see how it would fit with the 2 Britax car seats and the keyfit 30 in case we decide to have another baby and it fit fine. It fits up to 4 car seats at one time.

• VW Jetta. We have DD1 RFing in an Evenflo Triumph and DD2 in a Graco SnugRide 32, and they both fit fine while still allowing my 6' DH to drive comfortably. However, if we choose to have a 3rd, we will need a new car as the backseat is not wide enough for 3 car seats.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Chrysler Town and Country 
  • 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    ...not a true newbie...been a Nestie since '05, but had to change my SN to change my sig...
  • Chevy Traverse. We have a Britax Boulevard and a Chico Keyfit in the middle seats and there is still room for an adult to sit (we have bench seats instead of captains chairs in the middle). Our City Mini double fits in the trunk with the third row of seats in use.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 09 Chevy Suburban...Iam obsessed with it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • imageDaisy22:
    Honda Pilot - It will fit all 3 carseats. We have a Graco Nautilus, Britax Marathon 70 and Chicco Keyfit 30. We played around with them the other day and can put all 3 in the 2nd row if I want too. I think through we're going to put DS1 and his nautilus in the 3rd row (it splits 40/60) in the 40 part. Then put DS2 and baby next to each other in the 2nd row. That way if one of us needs to sit back there when traveling me can but we still have room in the back for the double stroller and other stuff.

That is exactly what we are planning to do as well. DD1 in the back on the 40 side (which still leaves plenty of trunk space for our double stroller and groceries! I've had the 3rd row seat up on the 40 side for awhile to get used to having the limited space) and DD2 and DD3 in the 2nd row. Hopefully next to each other but if not, on either side.

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Audi Q7.  Has 3 rows so will be fine if we have a 3rd.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • Thought my Pontiac Grand Prix was a mom car... it's not. By the time two car seats are in, diaper bag, couple toys, windshield scraper, and jumper cables are all thrown in there's not any room for groceries. The trunk, you ask?? stroller... pretty much no room left. I want an SUV for valentines...
  • Just a caution to you ladies with the seat folded down for the stroller etc. We do the same in our grand cravan, however after a recent accident in our province that resulted in severe head trauma we are started securing our stroller and any other heavy projectiles.

A regular size stroller flew forward in a minivan striking the rear facing toddler. WE use bungee cords to secure the stroller to the seats or if we have seats folded down for cargo I bought a cargo net that fits over everything and holds it down safely. Its a bit more of a pain, but worth it.

• Our PT Cruiser holds two Britax Roundabouts... DD is in the center (RF) and DS is behind the driver's seat (FF) - It would hold a third but we are done with two!

Edit:  Our car is small and we would certainly find value in a minivan or something but we value lack of car payments more. :)   

• 2005 Toyota Corolla S.  We have a Sunshine Radian in the middle, the Britax Marathon on one side, and Graco Snugride 35 on the other.  It's a tight fit, but I did not want to buy another car or a minivan.  Trunk is empty and we have a roof rack for storage. 
  • We have a GMC sierra crew cab and a Pontiac Torrent.  In a few years when we get rid of the torrent we will probably get a Ford Flex or an Acadia.  We aren't minivan people. Our vehicles are just fine for now and we have plenty of room for our family and all our stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honda Pilot- touring model. LOVE it!!!
    image     image

image    image

• 2011 GMC Acadia and I looooove it!  We just have a Britax Advocate (which is probably the world's biggest car seat) and a Chicco Keyfit 30 in the second row.  An adult can easily fit between them, but because the Advocate is so huge, it can be awkward, but hooray for the third row!  ;-)
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • imagegomezmama:
    Thought my Pontiac Grand Prix was a mom car... it's not. By the time two car seats are in, diaper bag, couple toys, windshield scraper, and jumper cables are all thrown in there's not any room for groceries. The trunk, you ask?? stroller... pretty much no room left. I want an SUV for valentines...

Love your answer!  We have a Cobalt and there is also no room for one car seat, stroller and groceries  I hope you get your valentine's gift! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"