Parenting after 35
Options

WWYD follow DC schedule or let her sleep

It was DD's first week in DC and they have transitioned DD to only one nap.  I want to keep this schedule up this weekend to make the whole DC transition easier, but with her cold I am sure she could use the extra sleep.  She has only been napping about an hour at DC where she is used to two 1-2 hr naps per day.  She sleeps for about 12hrs straight at night as well (I know I am a VERY lucky momma!!).

Would you keep her on the DC schedule or let her have the extra sleep to help with her cold? 

Re: WWYD follow DC schedule or let her sleep

• Options
    DC has my kids on a 2 hour nap at daycare, but on the weekends I let them sleep as much as they want.  Since it was her first week, and she has a cold, I would let her catch up on her sleep.  Eventually, she will adjust to a 1hour nap a day.  IMO, a one hour nap a day is not enough sleep for a 1 year old.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemwd:
    DC has my kids on a 2 hour nap at daycare, but on the weekends I let them sleep as much as they want.  Since it was her first week, and she has a cold, I would let her catch up on her sleep.  Eventually, she will adjust to a 1hour nap a day.  IMO, a one hour nap a day is not enough sleep for a 1 year old.  

They are given 2 hrs for a nap, but she only sleeps for about an hour.  The first couple of days it was 45mins, and on Fri it was about 1h 15mins...so getting better.  I just don't want to undo any progress she was making.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sickness means all bets are off.  I would let her sleep when she wanted to.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Since your LO is sick, I'd let her sleep whenever she wants because she needs that sleep. 

My DC has my DD's room scheduled for 2 naps a day: 1 hr in the morning, 2 hrs in the afternoon. My DD has completely dropped her morning nap at DC (she'll play w/soft toys & books in her crib), and OMG, the afternoon nap. Afternoons are hit or miss. She'll nap anywhere from 20 mins to 90 mins. That said, last Thursday she napped for 10 mins. All day. 10 MINS!

For the most part, DD sleeps great at night (few bad nights here & there) and isn't overtired when we pick her up from DC and get her home. She used to take a little cat nap on the way home from DC, but she doesnt' do that anymore. She's asleep for the night between 7 - 7:30pm.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When daycare transitioned her to 1 nap to prepare for moving into the toddler room, we kept up 2 naps on the weekends for 2-3 months after until she gave up the morning nap on her own.  And really, there are quite a few days when I think she'd still do 2 naps if she could.  So do what seems best!
  • Options
    Let the child sleep.  She will work it out on her own on the weekends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemwd:

This. Let her sleep as much as she wants, especially if she's sick.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"