Detroit Babies

Day care royal oak, ferndale, berkley area

I'm looking for a new day care for my 7 month old. Anyone have any suggestions in this area?

Re: Day care royal oak, ferndale, berkley area

• DD goes to Great Lakes Child Development Ctr at 12 & Stephenson and we love it there. The staff is amazing and they do so much for the kids. They do have a waiting list though because they're getting lots in inquiries so I don't know what the availability is right now...FYI. Good luck in your search!
  • Katie's Kids in Royal Oak is awesome.  They're on Lafayette, between Lincoln & 4th.   DD has been there since she was 12 weeks old.  Ms. Mimi in the infant room showers the babies with so much love and attention.  We love her!  DD is in the next room up now, for 12-18 month babies, and we're happy with her teachers there as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Some friends of ours were very happy with Tindall.  They are technically in Oak Park, but are a part of the Berkley School District.
  • My daughter has gone to Tyndall since she was a baby. This will be her last year there before kindergarten. You can get more info on the Berkly schools website. It is in the north part of Oak Park (just s. of 11 mile) betweel Coolidge and Greenfield.  No place is perfect, but we have been really happy with them overall. My daughter loved it as a baby/toddler. She was always happy to be there. As the kids get older the environment changes from daycare to preschool where the focus is on learning and getting the kids ready for kindergarten. When we were looking for childcare Tyndall was less expensive than Kindercare or Childtime. Be sure to pay attention to how the cost is spread out. For example, childtime and kindercare had weekly tuition at say $250.  You might think that is $1000 a month but really it is $250x52/12 which is really $1083 a month. However, with Tyndall you do have to provide all of your supplies. As the kids get older you still have to send food (or pay extra for school lunch) so you do want to take that into consideration. My cousin's son goes to Kindercare on the east side (Roseville I think) and his meals were part of the regular payment. Good luck on your decision.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"