Los Angeles Babies
Options

Is your DS circumcised?

Hello,

We are expecting a son.  We are in the Midwest, and DH just found out he will be transfered to Southern California.  The opportunity for advancement is too good to pass up.

We thought we were fairly certain we would have DS circumcised when he is born, but with the move, we are less certain.  We have heard it is far less common on the West Coast to circumcise and very few boys in California are circumcised.  Is this true?  How many of you had your sons circumcised?  What seems to be the trend in your area and what has your experience been with friends and relatives?

TIA!

[Poll]

Re: Is your DS circumcised?

• Options

Thanks for your reply.  I read online that its far less common in CA so I was just wondering what the norm is there.

• Options

I have heard the same thing - that circumcision rates here are headed steadily downwards. I was reading a lot about this before we found out we are having a girl. It's probably something that varies by area and hospitals aren't required to report on it so it's hard to find real statistics on how much it is still done. I've seen some figures at less than 25% but I don't know how accurate those are....but my understanding is that hispanic families do not traditionally circumcise, along with several other ethnic groups so that probably has a lot to do with the trend downwards.

I personally think it's more of a cosmetic procedure and there is no real point to doing so for us - we are not Jewish and don't live in an area/belong to a culture where it is widely done. Plus my husband hates the idea so we won't be doing it if we eventually have a son.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Cali, and actually it is far less common for men to NOT be circumcised. Circumcision is still pretty prominent here.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the norm is, but both my sons are circumcised.
  • Options
    I live in Southern California and if I have a son, he will be circumcised.  It's totally a personal choice, but I know more people are deciding not to because the perceived benefits no longer really exist.  I do think that it will be nice when my (possible) son looks at his anatomy and compares it to his daddy's that they will look similar.  I don't think not circumcising is a trend that is catching in SoCal though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"