Eco-Friendly Family

Eggs straight from the farm - How to clean?

I just received some pastured eggs from a friend who raises free range chickens. The friend told me it would be a good idea to clean them just in case there's any undesirable items left behind by the chickens ;-)

What would be a good way to do this? 

"If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful."
SAHM to two sweet girls, both born at home; Baby #3 in 2013!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Eggs straight from the farm - How to clean?

• Leave the bloom on until you're ready to use them.  Then just rinse under running water.  The goo on the outside is antimicrobial and actually protects any nasties from getting in to the egg.

This whole pregnancy I have eaten sunny-side up eggs IF they come straight from my friend's farm.  I will NOT eat runny eggs that are processed through the large dirty horrible egg factories.

Enjoy!  You won't believe the taste.  You'll be spoiled forever.  :)

image  image  image

• I rinse them right before I use them. Well, I do pull the feathers off before I bring them in the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebarnwife:
    I rinse them right before I use them. Well, I do pull the feathers off before I bring them in the house.

This. Enjoy them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, definitely don't rinse them before you are ready to use them!
  • imageTeneniel:

Leave the bloom on until you're ready to use them.  Then just rinse under running water.  The goo on the outside is antimicrobial and actually protects any nasties from getting in to the egg.

This whole pregnancy I have eaten sunny-side up eggs IF they come straight from my friend's farm.  I will NOT eat runny eggs that are processed through the large dirty horrible egg factories.

Enjoy!  You won't believe the taste.  You'll be spoiled forever.  :)

This:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"