Success after IF

Confession

I still sleep with my blankie that I was brought home from the hospital in.  It is basically in shreds, no color left.  But I love it.  It came with my on my honeymoon to Maui.  I think my husband was a little shocked ; )

And I am very protective of it.   One of my kids will grab it and it makes me so nervous!  I distract them, grab it back, and put it in a safe place.  

Oh, and I am eating fritos for breakfast. 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Confession

• Can I "like" this. 

If it makes you feel any better, I had mine until I started dating a guy seriously when I was about 25. My mom had to patch it in a few places when I was younger and I called the patch "patchie" and it was my favorite part of the blanket. I gave it to Sammie about three months ago.  It's in her crib, but she seriously couldn't care less about it.  I'm a little dissapointed about this b/c I wanted her to love it as much as I do.  But I guess she'll have her own to love.

• That's so sweet  :)

I still sleep with a stuffed animal too...and I'm 38.  I sleep so much better with something tucked in the crook of my arm and pillows are just too big.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is the scarf on the santa bear that I used to sleep with every night.  He doesn't come to bed, but he sits in the corner and I know where he is.  :)

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • imageLVBlvd:

I still sleep with my blankie that I was brought home from the hospital in.  It is basically in shreds, no color left.  But I love it.  It came with my on my honeymoon to Maui.  I think my husband was a little shocked ; )

And I am very protective of it.   One of my kids will grab it and it makes me so nervous!  I distract them, grab it back, and put it in a safe place.  

Me too! Lol. I thought I was the only one! Mine is a blanket my aunt made and gave to my mom as a shower gift. I told DD the blanket is dirty so she would leave it alone- it made me nervous when she went near it.

Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  • imageLVBlvd:

Yes

I pass no judgment about either of these!  I'm actually jealous of the fritos, and if I wasn't too lazy I would have parked near the hospital lounge with free food and drinks to get a diet coke this morning.  It was a battle of wills between how bad I wanted a donut and how lazy I am b/c it's a pretty long walk back to my office (but at least it's all inside).  Laziness won out but now my stomach is growling and I'm wishing I had a diet coke. 

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • I could have written this lol I have my blankie and he has a name.....monkey lol. When I was just in the hospital having DS my hubs brought it in while I was in labor. I was kind of embarrassed the nurses saw it lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have "frumpy" my stuffed dog from when I was a kid. He is ratty and one wash from falling apart and that is the reason why he is tucked high on my closet shelf, or he would be sleeping with me too.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imageMrsKilduff:
    I could have written this lol I have my blankie and he has a name.....monkey lol. When I was just in the hospital having DS my hubs brought it in while I was in labor. I was kind of embarrassed the nurses saw it lol.

Oh same here!  No way I could have dealt with my C-Section recovery without my blankie : ) 

• I have slept with my "Doodle Blanket" (quilt that was made for me by SheWoreScarletBegonias and other TTTC ladies after we lost the Doodles) every night since we received it, except that when we're away from home I don't bring it because I'm too scared to leave it somewhere. And it has NEVER been washed because I don't think the ink is colorfast (I cried on it when we first got it and the ink ran).

And now I also sleep with a Garfield stuffed cat that DH got me. :)

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • imageLVBlvd:

Me too, well my blankie was a gift my mom got at my baby shower.  It was yellow and now it's gray.  It had satin edges and they've all come off over time.

I sleep with it every night.  When DH and I were dating I just brought it over one night when I was planning on spending the night.  I told him that I sleep with a blanket and he was cool with it (but I'm sure he thought it was kind of weird):) I brought it on our honeymoon to Hawaii and every state I've traveled to in the US, it's been to Europe, Mexico, Canada, several islands in the Carribean, and it's going with us to Putero Rico next week.

My kids know it's mine and they can hold it if they're in my bed but they are not allowed to take it out of my room.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • um...you all are cute with your lovies :) 

and I WANT FRITOS!  yum!

• imagelaura&dan05:
    imageLVBlvd:

Me too, well my blankie was a gift my mom got at my baby shower.  It was yellow and now it's gray.  It had satin edges and they've all come off over time.

I sleep with it every night.  When DH and I were dating I just brought it over one night when I was planning on spending the night.  I told him that I sleep with a blanket and he was cool with it (but I'm sure he thought it was kind of weird):) I brought it on our honeymoon to Hawaii and every state I've traveled to in the US, it's been to Europe, Mexico, Canada, several islands in the Carribean, and it's going with us to Putero Rico next week.

My kids know it's mine and they can hold it if they're in my bed but they are not allowed to take it out of my room.

I am laughing out loud!  My blankie has also been to Europe, New York, moved with me to Alaska - it even got left in a hotel in Amarillo, TX (a frantic call to housekeeping the next day and she was mailed back to me.  Phew!).  But blankie has had some great adventures!   

• Another "like" here, too. I have a stuffed bear sitting on a dresser in our bedroom -- I've had him since I was 3. I don't sleep with it, but I did back when I was in college :) Elizabeth knows that it's "Mommy's teddy" and she has to be gentle with it.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a teddy bear I have had since I was 3 and stole it from my brother (who was a baby).  His name is rascal and I slept with him every night.  He went to Europe with me twice, college, etc.  I finally stopped sleeping with him when I got married but he stayed in the bed room.  He is actually not in terrible shape though definitely looks "loved" and is now in Jax's nursery.  I love seeing him in there when I come in the room and really hope that Jax has a toy that means as much to him. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Love it. I sleep with two stuffed animals I've had forever. I'm very protective of them too haha. They come with me on my vacations....  Whatever we might be grown with kids but that doesn't mean we don't need "security items" still. And ummm I'm having gum for breakfast as I'm getting my hair done at the hairdresser   I'm planning on making a huge McDonalds run after....don't judge it's my free day. ;)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• imageschmoodle:

I have slept with my "Doodle Blanket" (quilt that was made for me by SheWoreScarletBegonias and other TTTC ladies after we lost the Doodles) every night since we received it, except that when we're away from home I don't bring it because I'm too scared to leave it somewhere. And it has NEVER been washed because I don't think the ink is colorfast (I cried on it when we first got it and the ink ran).

And now I also sleep with a Garfield stuffed cat that DH got me. :)

*big hugs* YOU are amazing!!

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • I used to sleep with mine, until DD was sick one day and we were snuggling in my bed and she took it. It is now hers. 

Mine is very holy but still looks good.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Oh and all those coming to the GTG, you will get to meet blankie.  She has never been to Nashville.  We are both looking forward to it!

• no judgement here!  I took my Spotty doll to college.  People probably thought I was ca-razy.  But whatever.  She is now safely tucked away in a box in our storage unit.  She was a very "well loved" little doll, and I didn't want anything to happen to her.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The first year that I was married, my mom gave me a new blankie.   She had it made to resemble blankie.  Well, all she did was further my problem, since now, I have to sleep with both blankies.

• Confession:  I sleep with a teddy bear, not the same one from when I was a kid.  My dog chewed that one, so I bought a new one.   I can't really sleep without it (but did when I was in the hospital after giving birth). 

• I have a blankie too! It's a Raggedy Ann and Andy blanket from my crib bedding set from when I was a baby. It is so threadbare that you can see through it but it is so soft I love it ! It did go to college with me when I was in the dorms.

I stopped sleeping with it after packing it before my last move to where I currently live but I will take it out of the closet when Carina is ready to have a blankie.

• imageartygirl:

That's so sweet  :)

I still sleep with a stuffed animal too...and I'm 38.  I sleep so much better with something tucked in the crook of my arm and pillows are just too big.

Me too.  

• Me too!! My papa made it fr me when I was born. It's tattered & torn & gray. It resembles a rope more than a blanky & has been knotted back together a million times.  It lives in my nightstand drawer because I'm afraid Eliza will ruin it. I have had some breaks from sleeping with it (when the girls bedshared as tiny babies), but it's always at arms reach.

Once in college, I was staying at dh's parents' house & his mom was making his bed & threw it away!!! I was losing my mind. Totally hysterical. Thank goodness the trash man hadn't come yet. DH dug through the trash to save the day! What the hell was she thinking?! That is probably the only time in a decade that it's been washed! I'm too afraid it will disintegrate!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DH does as well.  I do think it is just to cover his eyes b/c I am up later with the light on, but it is kind of sweet seeing it over his eyes as a grown man!

What prompted me to reply was the Fritos.  I forgot we had a bag.  Must.get.now.

• Aww thats sweet! I still sleep with my snoogle bc its so comfortable. Does that count??
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You're not alone. I have both a piece of my childhood blankie (with the whole one packed away for some reason) and it's named Gary.

And I stole one of Ava's little blankies when she was little, (a big one cut in 4 squares) and in the morning, I join her in her bed or mine, and we sit there and "scratch" (the perfect sily corners) for a few minutes while we wake up.

omg. I just re-read that. I'm clearly insane. lol.

Oh, and I ate chocolate cake for breakfast, and I don't care. ( might be the only woman on earth that has not gained any weight being pregnant with twins. ha!)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I totally get the blankie thing!  When I was about 4 or 5, a great aunt made my sister and I some big teddy bears (they were white with colored hearts on them) - and I slept with mine until I went off to college.  At that point the teddy was SOOOO dirty and yucky that my mother wouldn't let me bring it.  So we dug out my sister's old bear that had never really been "loved" and he came to college with me.  Over time, he got pretty gross, too (I mean, I couldn't really lug the big bear with me to the laundry room in my dorm to give him a bath!), and when I turned 21, my DH bought me a replacement.  I slept with him until we had DS (there really wasn't room for all of us in the bed when DS came to join us!)  Now I snuggle with DH and often DD, and my teddy lives in the playroom with DH's "monkey" (yes, DH also has a stuffed animal that he has had since childhood).  

And I am currently eating multigrain tostitos - virtually the same thing as fritos ;) 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm clearly missing out. Confused <--that's to me, not you!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • imageartygirl:

I still sleep with a stuffed animal too....  I sleep so much better with something tucked in the crook of my arm and pillows are just too big.

This.  It's my "couch potato" that I got when I was like 7.

• imageartygirl:

Me too! I'm 36 and sleep with a big old stuffed frog for the same reasons.  It's not even from my childhood (my bunny is far to fragile these days, he's in my closer).

Embarrassed 

Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • OK, my confession is that I don't want anything touching me or cuddling me when I sleep - even my husband!  He knows to stay on his side of the bed and not touch me....well, unless it's leading somewhere.    I tried sleeping with a long pillow once when I was pregnant and threw it on the floor in about 2 minutes.  Half the time, I don't even want the blanket on me.  I think that hugging a blankie or stuffed animal would make me hot and tickle me.

Also, I never had a lovie as a kid.  My sister and brother each had something (Snoopy for her and Grover for him), but, I was never attached to anything and, interestingly, neither is Alana.  My sister used to go to sleep with about 30 stuffed animals in the bed with her.  Me, nothing.   Ugh, just the thought of it skeeves me out.

Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • imageLVBlvd:

I am laughing out loud!  My blankie has also been to Europe, New York, moved with me to Alaska - it even got left in a hotel in Amarillo, TX (a frantic call to housekeeping the next day and she was mailed back to me.  Phew!).  But blankie has had some great adventures!   

Gary has been around the world. Lost & found in Singapore, and left in the rain for hours outside a pub in Ireland. And then some. Oh the tales Gary could tell..

wait..... lol.....

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Me too.  His name is Bank. ;)

• I haven't read through the other responses.. But I have a pillow that I sleep w every night, it also comes everywhere w me.. Both hospital stays to have babies, every vacation I have ever took, I even made my ex bf turn the car around when we were in Montreal cause I left it in the hotel room.. He thought I was nuts!! My pillow is one of the last things I have of my mom and childhood. I will never for get going to Bloomingdales to go and pick it out.. I will keep that pillow till the bitter end! 
  • You have no idea how much I love reading this.

I have a blanket bunny that I received shortly after I was born.  I've been attached to it for as long as I can remember.  I stopped sleeping with it the night before my c-section because I figured I should "grow up" as I was about to become a Mom.  He still sits on my dresser in a basket in our room though...and I see him every day :)

I love this blanket bunny so much that my Mom bought back-ups for me just in case I lost him.  I also bought 2 for my LO's, but they stopped making them a long time ago and are now considered "collectible", I guess...I paid over $150 for each of them.  Ridiculous, I know...I only hope my LO's like them as much as I did and they bring them the same amount of happiness/comfort. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"