Pennsylvania Babies

Lancaster Area OBGYN recommendations?

Hello ladies,

I just went to my regular for check ups until now 

Now that I am going to start trying to have a baby, I figured I might as well switch awhile. 

I've heard goods and bads about different places so I can't decide.  I am leaning towards Eichenlaub and May only because it seems to be a smaller practice and it would be nice to know who may be delivering your baby.  I do have one question about them however;  I was told by a few people that they do not deliver at Womens and Babies Hospital and I definately would like to deliver there. 

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Lancaster Area OBGYN recommendations?

• I went to Eichenlaub and May for my Daughter 4 years ago. They are AMAZING!! Very caring and always there for you. When I had my daughter they were still associated with Womens and Babies. I believe they still are.

I am 6 wks now and just had a visit with OBGYN of Lancaster (Eichenlaub & May didnt accept my insurance). They were really great too. They do deliverys at Heart of lancaster though. I was a little nervous but I know several people that had bad experiences at WBH and I know a few people that went to HOL and really liked it. Check them out online before you decide. Another plus to HOL is that they offer free classes. WBH classes are not free. 

What's important is you are comfortable with the which ever you choose. Schedule an appointment to check them out before you decide. They're both great offices.

The only place I would recommend you stay away from is May Grant. Too big, and a lack of compassion. 

Best of luck!! 

• I love Dr. Eichenlaub!  Dr. May and Cheri, the midwife are great too!  Dr. E helped me and dh with fertility testing last year.  This year, he delivered our dd at WBH.   She was breach, so it was a c section.  I had high blood pressure issues during the last month or so, and Drs. E & May, and Cheri were very thorough and helpful.  He was great throughout everything and all of my nurses raved about him after birth.  We really liked WBH.  I was in a couple times before birth for observation from high blood pressure and everyone was helpful and nice.  Food was awesome! My friends that delivered at Harrisburg were jealous, but that's all I have to compare it to.  I really like everyone that I dealt with both at Dr E and WBH.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Eichenlaub, May and Gard deliver at WBH.  The other small group that delivers there is Lancaster Physicians for Women, there are 3 female doctors and they're very compassionate.  Both groups have fantastic providers. May Grant also delivers at WBH but they're a very large group.
    BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • I delivered both boys at WBH - Cheri was my MW for both, though Dr. E delivered Cole because he was being quite difficult :) 

I can't rave enough about Cheri.   I've been through a lot with her - 1 miscarriage, 2 difficulties getting pregnant, 2 complicated pregnancies with cholestasis, and a lot of PPD  issues mixed in.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• imageAmyb1284:

I went to Eichenlaub and May for my Daughter 4 years ago. They are AMAZING!! Very caring and always there for you. When I had my daughter they were still associated with Womens and Babies. I believe they still are.

I am 6 wks now and just had a visit with OBGYN of Lancaster (Eichenlaub & May didnt accept my insurance). They were really great too. They do deliverys at Heart of lancaster though. I was a little nervous but I know several people that had bad experiences at WBH and I know a few people that went to HOL and really liked it. Check them out online before you decide. Another plus to HOL is that they offer free classes. WBH classes are not free. 

What's important is you are comfortable with the which ever you choose. Schedule an appointment to check them out before you decide. They're both great offices.

The only place I would recommend you stay away from is May Grant. Too big, and a lack of compassion. 

Best of luck!! 

I agree with this. I havnt seen dr Eichenlaub but I heard wonderful things about him and his practice. I had to go through healthy beginnings and may grant and absolutely hated it. Never saw the same Dr twice and had no idea who the midwife was who delivered me. That said too, I was not impressed with Women and Babies. The rooms were nice, we had ONE nurse that was great. The first night a nurse busted my vein, I had to wait forever for someone when I called, no one was ever around. They induced me and never checked how dialated I was before I was begging for an epideral, here to find out I was 10 cm and I pushed her out on my OWN while everyone was trying to call in doctors and get the room cleared away and set up to deliver. I feel like we might as well been at home with no help right after because no one was ever around the next 2 days. But, that was only my experience im sure people had good ones :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • I go to Lancaster Physicians for Women and love them!  there are 3 doctors so you will get to know all 3 during your pregnancy.  I have never waited long there and everyone is extremely friendly.  Plus, they are located inside Womens & Babies Hospital so if anything ever happens, you are where you need to be.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"