New Jersey Babies
Options

Morristown area obgyn

Hi. I am in the process of looking for a new obgyn. I am not happy with my current group. I am not comfortable with them. They do not call with test results and don't call back when you try getting in touch with a doctor even after calling 3 times and having them promise the doctor will get back to me. . These are not doctors I want to continue on with my pregnancy. Anyway I am 3 months and nervous to start from scratch with a new doc but it's something I feel I need to do. Has anyone heard of Nina Reynolds? I prefer going to a woman but I am open at this point if anyone has suggestions. I am also hoping to deliver at morristown hospital. Thanks!!

Re: Morristown area obgyn

• Options

I love my Dr., but it is a man.  He only delivers at Morristown - Dr. Matthew Iammatteo.

He shares calls with Dr. Craig Bissenger and he has a women on staff with him.  

They are both highly respected Dr. - I don't think you could go wrong with either one.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

my sister goes to reynolds - she delivered both her kids - 20 and 18yrs ago... she's happy with her- but my sister has never been to anyone else...

i am a drug rep and that makes me a total doctor/office snob, since i know so many in the area.

I go to Dr. Bissinger and absolutly LOVE him- if you google him tehre is a lot of info on him out there- including posts i have made about him in the past. I miss him - now that i only see him once/year- i wish he was my regular doc.

he has a new female that just started there- i don't know her but have heard great things about her. I LOVED his last partner, but she moved recently b/c of her husband's job... so I'd trust any doc that Bissinger would bring on board.

I usually like female docs, too- but LOOOVE Bissinger- he has changed my mind about male docs not being caring enough - he's caring, funny, smart as hell, informed, etc. I trusted him 100% with decisions with my pregnancies.

They do share calls with Immateao who also has a great rep in the area- but he's not as warm/fuzzy as Bissinger is (I know him, too).

you can't go wrong with Bissinger, really.. i have never heard one complaint about him- and i know a LOT of people who go to him, including nurses and doctor's wives in the area.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Dr. Kuchera's and Potash.  I have several friends to also go to the practice and are expecting and love them as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the replies back. I have heard about bissinger also. I was actually debating between calling him or Reynolds but Nina Reynolds came highly recommended by a friend and she swears by her. And since I was looking to go to a woman doc I called this morning to make an appt. even though your sister really likes Reynolds is there something about her that you don't like? Just curious because I am nervous to have the same issues happen again that we're happening at my old place? Thanks again!!
  • Options
    chiming in to rave about dr b too! I love love love him. He delivered my daughter this June and I had a wonderful experience with him and the staff from start to finish with my pregnancy.
  • Options
    Glad I saw all of this information, I have been going to Morristown OB GYN and I'm really unhappy.  The staff is short or snotty and I'm finding my phone calls aren't getting returned. Plus I feel like a number, not a person. Thanks for this info!
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family Full time Photographer: weddings + babies. Married the love of my life in May of 2010. D/C BC. Had Intracerebral hemorrhagic stroke in June of 2010. Blessed with Pregnancy October 2011. :)
  • Options

I *LOVE* Dr. Iammatteo. He also has a NP who I *LOVE*, and is getting/has a new Female Dr. who I do not know yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to Nina Reynolds years ago when I lived in Morristown.  I called her about a year ago when I first started TTC and was told by the woman that answered the phone that she was no longer accepting patients for OB. I don't know if it was a temporary thing, but it felt like everything was up in the air with her.   I went to Bissinger instead and absolutely love him!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    So I did actually have my appt with Reynolds but I am unsure how I feel about her yet and after seeing all the great bissingers reviews I made an appt for him next week. This way who I can see who I am more comfortable with. I have never been to a man doc so I am a little nervous but all the praise about him has put my mind at ease a bit. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I am 8 weeks pregnant. I called Dr Reynolds office last week. They said Dr is not taking new patients for now. I want to go to female OB Gyn in my area. All i could find is Dr Mass. She has good reviews but my first time appointment is with Dr Daly (I dont know how is she) since Dr Mass is on vacation. 
  • Options
    I am surprised Reynolds said no to new patients because when I made my appt they said she is taking new pregnant patients when I made my appt. I also have my appt tomorrow w bissinger to see who I like better. Anyway stay away from morristown obgyn if u can. That's where daly & mass r. I left there because they screwed up my bloodwork and never returned calls. They don't care about their patients. 
  • Options
    I go to Morristown OBGYN and have never had a problem.  They only call about blood work if there is a problem and you can always call them if you need to.  The staff has been very helpful and supportive when as a first time pregnant patient I was worried, confused or had questions. 
  • Options
    I also had problems with Morristown OBGYN..they have to many patients which causes them to be cold and distant..they also didn't take any of my problems I had with  my first pregnancy seriously (which I then lost).  Granted, they are smart people and were fine for a friends pregnancy, just not the ones you want to be with if you are a higher risk or want to enjoy your doctors. They are a "revolving door" practice.   Now I'm at Bissinger's practice. Came highly recommended - he also is one of those doctors who is on research boards and whatnot. Super smart. The women he works with that also delivers with him is Dr. Metz and she is super sweet and easy to talk to as well.  Bissinger saved my friends twins when other doctors ignored her blood issues. He's funny, thoughtful, and very smart.  You can't go wrong there. I don't know anything about Dr. Reynolds though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"