Ohio Babies
Options

Dr. Sayat @ OSU - anybody familiar with her?

huntertwinhuntertwin member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I saw her, just because she was the doctor who had an opening the soonest. I liked her, and she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but she didn't take a blood sample (despite me having a history of anemia), she didn't say anything about what I could or couldn't do, could or couldn't eat etc. (answering my questions with "sure, in moderation"), and her next available appointment was 6 weeks later, despite her wanting me to come in 4 weeks later.

Also, I'm a high-risk pregnancy, and she's not a high-risk OBGYN. Finally, her scores on all those "score my doctor" sites are sub-par. Anyone have any experience with her? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. Sayat @ OSU - anybody familiar with her?

• Options
    I'd go elsewhere. I won't go into details, but I'd go elsewhere. Try Kingsdale obgyn. I go there and love Dr. Shepherd!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLME06:
    I'd go elsewhere. I won't go into details, but I'd go elsewhere. Try Kingsdale obgyn. I go there and love Dr. Shepherd!

I'm so curious! But thanks, I will look into other OBGYNs.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Also, when you go to Kingsdale..don't see her husband either.  I was given him as my OBGYN since none of the other physicians were accepting patients.  Since my horrible expierence, I have change practice.  Good Luck on your search!

• Options
    I also love Dr Shepherd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I go do Dr. Schaffir at OSU. I had a great experience with him.

When my lab results came back questionable, Dr. Sayat (wife) did my amnio in Sept 2010. Overall I had a very positive experience with her. The procedure went well, and her bedside manner was very calming during a stressful time.

Hope this helps.

• Options

To be fair....I used to go to Dr. Sayat (the man) at Kingsdale as my gyno.  I thought he was great, very friendly and explained everything very thoroughly.  I even had a (I thought) scary diagnosis and he was able to really put things in perspective, and everything turned out fine in the end. 

I didn't have him for my pregnancy, because Kingsdale doesn't deliver at Ohio State, but I don't think it's fair to say he's bad based on one person's experience.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

• Options
    Did you end up staying with her? I see her husband- Dr. Jason Sayat. He's at kingsdale Gynecologic associates-he used to be at OSU with his wife, and I liked him so much that when he left, I went to his new practice. I love Kingsdale Gynecologic Associates. The doctors are readily available and in pinch situations, there are plenty of other doctors to choose from!
    Excited for baby #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kara Olivia, born 9/17/2012 at 37 weeks. 6 lbs 7 oz, 18 inches long

• Options

I just started seeing her! My original doctor at OSU was Dr.Rohl but she's stopped delivering babies and specializes in robotic surgeries now. I asked Dr.Rohl prior to my appt about the reviews I'd read online and she assured me that she trusts Dr.Sayat wholeheartedly. 

My first experience with Dr.Sayat was very pleasant and I appreciated her professionalism and also sense of humor in the appointment since I'm kind of a nervous mostly terrified first timer!  I'm at 11 weeks and have placenta previa currently and when I asked her if she would be worried if she were me she was SO reassuring. Absolutely what I needed to hear.

I may be a little biased but I  also kind of feel safer knowing that my OB is also an assistant professor at Ohio State...I feel like if they let her teach she's gotta know her stuff? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"