June 2012 Moms
Options

Are any of you having BH contractions?

I'm only 19w5d but I think I just had one. It was like a really really bad tense cramp and it lasted for about 30 seconds. I was bent over in pain.

if THAT was BH contraction...then holy sh!t I'm never going to make it through labor... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are any of you having BH contractions?

• Options

I am but it doesnt "hurt".  It does feel strange and I can tell I am having one.  Maybe you had a BH with a combo RLP....

If it is a BH you can usually tell because your ute will be rock hard

• Options

I had a few BH at around 17 weeks pregnant. I haven't had them since. I remember it quite clearly since it was Christmas night. They weren't painful, but uncomfortable. My belly would tense up and then release. It would go away when I switched positions.

I would drink lots of water and move around. I don't think they are supposed to be very painful though. I could be wrong on that though. Maybe its gas? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, been having them a few weeks now.  Same as last pregnancy.  For me, most of the time it's just an overall tightening of my belly (it gets rock hard) but sometimes they do hurt.  I don't know that you should be bent over in pain.  That sounds too intense in my experience of having BH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same pain you mentioned this past Saturday. I couldn't speak it hurt so bad...right in my lower stomach...I also couldn't walk. I just leaned over the kitchen counter and froze for what felt like forever. When the pain subsided enough for me to walk around, I immediately went to the bathroom and went #2...I am 28 years old and have NEVER felt pain like that in my abdomen when I needed to poop so......I dunno...you be the judge....
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    imagehollyg1920:

I am but it doesnt "hurt".  It does feel strange and I can tell I am having one.  Maybe you had a BH with a combo RLP....

I woke up this morning with what felt like a rock the size of a super large onion below my belly...didn't feel ANYTHING with it though...it went away after I peed...any explanation for that?!

• Options
    ha ha I'm going to try to poop then. and drink some water. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think I've been having them, but they don't hurt, just lots of pressure and weirdness
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

imageAliciaS1411:
    ha ha I'm going to try to poop then. and drink some water. =)

YesCool 

• Options

That doesn't sound like a BH contraction...I hope you don't have any more like that one. Ouch!

In each pregnancy (I'm 20w with #4) I've started noticing them around 18-20 weeks. It's a tightening in my lower abdomen - in no way unpleasant - that releases within about 30 sec. You may identify the same feeling after orgasm.

My three little ones
  • Options
    imagehollyg1920:

This! I have had a BH that kinda makes me a lil short of breath but never had it that bad. The RLP def. hurts.

• Options
    Ditto everyone.  BH shouldn't really hurt, maybe uncomfortable but that's it.  Your entire abdomen will get rock hard.  I get TERRIBLE pains when I have gas or have to poop but only when pregnant.  I think all of the squishing and displacing of the organs is the culprit!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagerebbie:

That doesn't sound like a BH contraction...I hope you don't have any more like that one. Ouch!

In each pregnancy (I'm 20w with #4) I've started noticing them around 18-20 weeks. It's a tightening in my lower abdomen - in no way unpleasant - that releases within about 30 sec. You may identify the same feeling after orgasm.

So THAT explains why I have a huge rock in my tummy after sex....

• Options
    Sounds like a BH to me:)
  • Options
    imageAliciaS1411:

I'm only 19w5d but I think I just had one. It was like a really really bad tense cramp and it lasted for about 30 seconds. I was bent over in pain.

if THAT was BH contraction...then holy sh!t I'm never going to make it through labor... 

I've had two like that and i had the same response as you...how am i going to get through labour

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have them- no pain with them though, just my stomach flexing up into a hard ball. I asked my doctor what they were- he said contractions, not BH contractions, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I think I had one, but I am not sure. I woke up in the middle of the night and by belly felt like it was bunching up. Then I changed position and it stopped.

Are you sure it is BH? It sounded like RLP. My nurse told me that those are very painful and BH are usually not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I have BH contractions all the time, but they aren't painful. My stomach just gets very tight and uncomfortable! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had quite a few and notice them more when I don't drink enough fluids.  I've had them since week 20 this time around and don't remember having them this early the last two times.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Not sure, I have no idea what a BH is supposed to feel like!!  ha!
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"