Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Let's talk summer!

Hi ladies -- this is my first post in the 24+ board. LO will be 2 in April and we're planning a couple of beach trips for the summer. Just curious - if you went to the beach with your LO what was his/her favorite activity? Playing in the sand, the ocean, pool, rides, waterpark?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk summer!

• Options
    DS loves all things summer:) He wasn't a fan of the sand, but was happy sitting on a chair sorting his shells:)

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

Just a tid-bit we learned from some friends: they gave us a cheap little blow-up kiddie pool (I think it was $10 at walmart!) to take to the beach and we LOVE it!
    LO loves the ocean but also really enjoys playing with water in general, so to have her in the shade of an umbrella (she's super fair skinned), right next to where I'm reading on the beach is super, duper great. She can play in the sand and water and just go nuts w/o having to fight the waves and be constantly held by one of us.  We will never be without it! We got it when she was 9-months-old and we still use it every time we go to the beach.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS hated the sand and the ocean until the last day so the pool was the favorite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Interesting, thanks! we do have a little blow-up pool from last summer, I thought we'd only use it that year but looks like we'll be adding it to the list of stuff to pack!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Playing in the sand! Loved attempting to make a sandcastle! He also loved the water :)
  • Options
    imagereturnhomegnome:

Just a tid-bit we learned from some friends: they gave us a cheap little blow-up kiddie pool (I think it was $10 at walmart!) to take to the beach and we LOVE it!
    LO loves the ocean but also really enjoys playing with water in general, so to have her in the shade of an umbrella (she's super fair skinned), right next to where I'm reading on the beach is super, duper great. She can play in the sand and water and just go nuts w/o having to fight the waves and be constantly held by one of us.  We will never be without it! We got it when she was 9-months-old and we still use it every time we go to the beach.

This, but DD also hates the sand so I bring a big, cheap sheet or blanket to lay down on the sand, put the pool on top of it so DD can crawl in and out of the pool without having to touch the sand. 

imageimage
  • Options

We went last summer and it was a blast.  He loved it all.  He loves pools.  He loved playing in the ocean and in the sand.  He was so light the water pushed him in and out with the tides.  I had to stay next to him (duh!)  He also loves the waterpark.  We have small one in a neighboring town that I found easier to take all 3 kids to alone but now that my big two are stronger swimmers I think we will start going to the big water park in this town and be okay (of course staying in the kiddie part for now with me 1 on 1 with DS2 but watching out for the big kids while allowing them some freedom).  The beach is far from us so we don't go often but am hoping to make a trip maybe this year. 

I can't wait for summer (though I need to work on being bathing suite ready : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"