November 2011 Moms

GTKY Jobs

2»

Re: GTKY Jobs

• I was in sales and was also a administrative assistant<<< for myself and the other sales MEN at my company <<< (no I'm not bitter I did 10x the work for 1/10 the pay) but i got laid off right after I found I was pregnant and told them I was pregnant hmm odd <<< again not at all bitter 0_o but I'm a SAHM now and loving the opportunity! I will go back to work when DD is about 1. I also really want to go back to school. We just don't have the $$$ right now. My DH is chef for a corporate catering company.

• I work for a luxury eyewear company as a district manager

DH: is a auto body painter for regular cars, custom hot rods and motorcycles. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I work in advertising at a full service agency in milw wi. DH works in advertising as well though he gets to work from home for te Chicago agency he's worked at for 7 yrs. 

Bailey- what advertising firm does your husband work for?? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me: SAHM

DH: Lieutenant for a security company contracted at a nuclear power plant

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am a nutritionist

My hubby is a stay at home dad for the moment, he lost his sales job right before christmas :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a graphic designer for a national non-profit and DH is a quality manager for a large automaker.
  • imageAndi2384:

I teach freshman English at the school district in my town.

DH works for the federal government as a financial analyst at a nuclear waste plant. No, he doesn't glow. Wink

Hehehe, my DH works at a nuclear plant & everyone always asks if he glows, lol..

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My FI was seriously injured in an auto accident about 5 1/2 years ago. I went to school for Social Work however since his accident i do attendant care/home care for him.Since Sept 2006 my FI has had a total of 18 surgeries. typically an average of one every 3 months. he has 2 while i was pregnant and another about a month ago. so i've worked from home since then.. it's stressful working from home, but the flexibility is nice.

because of his accident FI is disabled. 

*gotta love when people fall asleep driving causing other peoples' lives to be all F'ed up* :-/ 

• me - cps worker

DH - senior accountant

• imageklreese0213:

My FI was seriously injured in an auto accident about 5 1/2 years ago. I went to school for Social Work however since his accident i do attendant care/home care for him.Since Sept 2006 my FI has had a total of 18 surgeries. typically an average of one every 3 months. he has 2 while i was pregnant and another about a month ago. so i've worked from home since then.. it's stressful working from home, but the flexibility is nice.

*gotta love when people fall asleep driving causing other peoples' lives to be all F'ed up* :-/ 

This is so horrible - I'm so sorry =(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageninaanddan2007:
    imageklreese0213:

My FI was seriously injured in an auto accident about 5 1/2 years ago. I went to school for Social Work however since his accident i do attendant care/home care for him.Since Sept 2006 my FI has had a total of 18 surgeries. typically an average of one every 3 months. he has 2 while i was pregnant and another about a month ago. so i've worked from home since then.. it's stressful working from home, but the flexibility is nice.

This is so horrible - I'm so sorry =(

thank you.

• I'm an Executive Assistant/Office Manager at a small insurance company - and by small I mean it's just me and the owner.

My husband owns a landscaping company.

• I'm a SAHM at the moment, but thinking about going back to school for my masters.

Babydaddy  is a welder. ;]

• Wow, Ashleylach - this is my family almost exactly!

I'm a Development Manager at a non-profit as well (but mostly write grants, do accounting work, and annual giving campaigns).

My husband has been Active Duty Air Force for most of our marriage, but now he's ANG. He works full-time on the guard base as an IT Tech for the Fed Gov.

• I teach pre-k. It's a full time state funded program. DH is in software sales. Hopefully he's wheeling and dealing right now because I want to be a SAHM!ha ha
  • imageninaanddan2007:

I work in advertising at a full service agency in milw wi. DH works in advertising as well though he gets to work from home for te Chicago agency he's worked at for 7 yrs. 

Bailey- what advertising firm does your husband work for?? 

He works at DDB. I worked at Euro when I was pregnant.

My husband is from Milwaukee!  I ate my fair share of Kopps butter burgers when I pregnant too :) 

• I work in healthcare IT, mostly on the project/training side not the technical side. 

DH is an editor of a hobby magazine.  

• Me: Life insurance actuary

DH: Musical instrument repairman

• Me:  Human Resource Generalist

DH: Manager of a few Hertz locations

• I'm a case manager for community direct aged care.my dh is an accountant for a private school
  • I'm a SAHM, I was an elementary school teacher before I got pregnant. For the summer I'm going to watch the kids of a family friend. It'll be great because I can take DS with me :o

DH is a mechanical engineer and he works for a international tunnel boring company. He designs the machines that dig the tunnels for subways and other stuff like that. 

• Me: elementary teacher turned SAHM. I taught for five years and just quit to stay at home as of August. It was nice to have some time with just DS1 before DS2 arrived. 

DH: electrician 

• Me: elementary school teacher (1st grade)

DH: web master for our school district's web site

I love my job, but I am considering other options.  Teaching is NOT what I thought it would be! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me - BCBA (behavior analyst), I work at a private school for kids with autism

DH - SPED teacher

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image?
  • I am a special ed teacher at a school for children with emotional and behavioral disorders.

DH is the quality engineer at a plastic injection mold company. They make the parts to the Lap Band system. He is currently transitioning to a management position.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• imagemrsL80:

Me - BCBA (behavior analyst), I work at a private school for kids with autism

DH - SPED teacher

Yes

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Me: SAHM
    FI: Full-time student/ part-time tech assistant at his dad's office.

• I'm a 4th grade teacher. DH teaches high school biology.
  • SO and I both work at Eat 'n Park [similar to Denny's or Perkins if you're not familiar]. I am a server/greeter/trainer, but mostly server. SO works the buffet and sometimes dishes.

I really need a big girl job [hah!]. After all, I do have a degree.

• Me: Physician Assistant in internal medicine/urgent care. I would like to get back into orthopedic surgery again but right now I can't beat the hours plus its a privately owned office that is very laid back and I can bring DS if I need to.

DH: customer service with a payroll company and firefighter/EMT

• Me: advertising director 

DH:  equity analyst 

• Me: Radiation Therapist. I treat cancer patients. Everyone always hears about chemo but not radiation. It's another type of treatment!

DH: Sheriff Deputy and on the SWAT team 

• Me: I like the title "Domestic Engineer" aka-SAHM retired from teaching PreK back in October

DH: CFO for Audiologists across the US...he travels a lot 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"