Minnesota Babies

Infant car seat inspection locations?

We live in the Richfield/Edina area and it has been almost 6 years since we installed a car seat.  I'm wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to go for an inspection?  Our local fire department no longer offers this service and when I did a quick google search, I'm finding location out in Blaine/Anoka and they have dates for May, September, etc.  We are due in February so that won't help.  Also, I see they charge a fee?  $25-35? 

So, does anyone know where we could possibly go in our area for a car seat check?  Do you know if other fire departments are still offering this service?

Thanks

Re: Infant car seat inspection locations?

• I used this website NHTSA and had ours checked this past weekend. It was well worth it in my opinion. They were very knowledgeable and really taught us a lot and had us do the final install and they checked it to make sure we knew what we were doing if we ever needed to move the bases to other vehicles. I am on the other side of the metro so that doesn't help, but find someone in your area and leave them a message.

I had called the police, fire and state patrol and none of them in my area did this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageakstanl:

I used this website NHTSA and had ours checked this past weekend. It was well worth it in my opinion. They were very knowledgeable and really taught us a lot and had us do the final install and they checked it to make sure we knew what we were doing if we ever needed to move the bases to other vehicles. I am on the other side of the metro so that doesn't help, but find someone in your area and leave them a message.

I had called the police, fire and state patrol and none of them in my area did this.

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just called the Blaine/Spring Lake Park/Mounds View fire dept recently and was able to make an appt for the following week with Shannon? at the Mounds View fire dept. There wasn't a charge. I have also called the Blaine police department and have gotten a free inspection from them too.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you!!!!
  • I have had inspections done at the Crystal Police Station (there was only one officer trained for car seat inspections, so you had to set up a time with him), and through North Memorial (Alison Pence was my contact, and the event was at their ambulance bay in Brooklyn Center.).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The AMMA Parenting Center provides them for $35 as well.  www.ammaparentingcenter.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"