North Florida Babies
Options

How do I find an in-home part-time nanny/babysitter?

Hi Ladies,

I'm a first time mommy due in March. I live in the St. Johns area. My husband works from home full-time for an IT company and I work full-time near downtown Jax. When the baby is six months old in September, we're going to need a nanny/sitter to watch the baby in our home from about 12-3 or 4pm Mon-Thurs. I have a few questions...any idea how I'd go about finding someone? A friend recommended I post an ad in the church bulletin and on the bulletin board in our development. Any other ideas? Also, any idea how much I would pay for someone to work part-time in our home, caring for a 6 month old (12-16 hrs/wk)? I'm guessing I could just hire a baby-sitter rather than a full-fledged nanny because my husband will be at the house all day, he just can't care for the baby while on conf calls and running meetings. 

Thanks for your help! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do I find an in-home part-time nanny/babysitter?

• Options
    Congrats on the baby!!  I have a few things that may help you out!  I was a nanny and sitter for years, even when I was working my "real" job I found time to baby-sit!  Now we are having our own, due at the end of this month, and we are so excited!  I am now going to be a stay at home mom, and I have been thinking about caring for another little one while I am home with mine.  I am going to send you a private message about this!  Looking at church is great, also asking your neighbors (if you like them!) If they know of anyone who would be interested.  I'll let you know about pay in the private message too.  Other than that, you can try Care.com or sittercity, but I think they make you pay to post on their sites.  Good luck and if you don't see a message from me let me know! 
  • Options
    I'm a little bit in the same predicament.  There's also sittercity.com.  I've looked on it but I have never called or hired anyone from it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have found work as a nanny through both care.com and sittercity.com.  Both sites allow you to run background checks on potential sitters.  I think going through the church is a great idea too.  I think I would feel better about someone I knew  through a mutual friend coming into my home. 

As far as pay goes, it would depend on their level of experience and such.  I've been paid everything between 7.50 and 15 an hour over the past 10 years for nannying.

• Options
    I live in Northern St. Johns and use Seekingsitters.com.  I used to work with the owner before she started the business, so I instantly trusted them.  She has 2 little girls and her husband is in the Navy and deployed for months at a time, so she understands how valuable it is to have people that you trust to look over your little ones.  You have to pay a registration fee, and after that it's $12/hour for a minimum of 4 hours.  The registration fee is for background checks on both you and the all of their sitters.  They are WONDERFUL. They'll make sure you get the same person M-F so your little one will become familiar with them.
  • Options
    A few of my friends have used care.com to hire sitters - good luck with your search!
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"