Adoption

Update from Saturday's class

The class on Saturday went really well. I learned a lot and feel more comfortable with the agency that we have chosen. There where four other couples in the class with us and we basically just learned what to expect from the agency, what the agency expects from us, what the profile book should look like, how the Dear Birthmother letter should sound and what our relationship with the birth family should be. I feel really good about this. We even got to meet about 15 families who have adopted through our agency and a birthmother came and told her story. It was great to hear all of the positive things about adoption.

I think the most surprising thing to me was how we are the yougest couple. The other couples and the other adoptive parents where much older than us. That was a shock to me, I assumed that most people would be in their early 30's like my DH and I, but no, everyone was in their late 30's to mid to late 40's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update from Saturday's class

• Thanks for posting your experience!  DH and I are signed up for an info meeting in a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering how it will go.  If it's anything like the group you were with everyone will think we're babies (mid-20s)!
  • imageGnomeSweetGnome:
    Thanks for posting your experience!  DH and I are signed up for an info meeting in a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering how it will go.  If it's anything like the group you were with everyone will think we're babies (mid-20s)!

Pour adoption attorney told us we were the youngest adoption she's ever done (26&27) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"