Northern California Babies
Options

baby # 2 what did you use?

When we moved, we cleared out most of our baby stuff.

We have the crib and just ordered new infant seat and play yard. 

We sold everything else like the swing, activity mat/gym, high chair, etc.

So if you were buying stuff again, would you go with a swing again or just get a bouncer? We're in a smaller house here than in Texas, but I think a swing would fit in the living room or play room, not so much in the bathroom (dang I miss that giant bathroom in Texas). 

What else did you need? I can't remember what we should have on hand when baby is fresh versus we can wait a little. I know we don't need the tub yet especially if this one is like the older one and the cord didn't fall off for almost a month ;) 

I feel clueless. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby # 2 what did you use?

• Options

We didn't use our swing this time around, but we definitely used (and are still using) the bouncer.  We also use our activity mat on a regular basis.

Do you already have a carrier (ergo, becco)?  That has been a lifesaver this time around since it keeps my hands free to play/help DD #1.

• Options
    they have small swings, that arent much bigger than a bouncer. For me, Lexi loved the swing, Orion hated it. Lexi didnt care for the bounce Orion loved it. I would just try and wait and see what baby might like, and then buy second hand?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used the bouncy seat a lot, and the swing. I think you could get away with one not both. Or borrow from someone, look on the mothers club website as well. We put the swing in the nursery, I would get him down for a nap, put him in the swing, it was a nice dark space + white noise=amazing long nap. I could have a lot of 1-1 time with logan.

The activity mat was sort of useless the second time around. And we never bought a high hair, just used the fisher price healthy care booster. I fed them when they were small in the bouncy chair and then moved them to the booster. An exersaucer for both boys was a huge hit and we got a lot of use out of ours. 

The stuff we needed right away: diapers, wipes, burp cloths, co-sleeper, clean jammies, baby carrier, and bottles (even though they were bf, I still needed the bottles for a few issues in the beginning) 

• Options

If you are deciding between the bouncer and the swing, I'd probably go with the bouncer.  It's easier to move room to room and it fit in the bathroom for when I was taking a shower or when I needed to put him in there for the white noise of the shower.  It's also easier to take the bouncer to other people's houses to have somewhere to put the baby while we're eating, etc.  

It was nice to have the playmat to have somewhere to put DS2 while doing something with DS1, but a blanket on the floor with some toys would do the same thing.   

I can't really think of anything else that we needed right off the bat, other than a boppy or something similar.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a babyhawk, but can't remember if it's the standard or toddler size... I'll probably pick up another carrier of some sort.

H goes to preschool 5 days a week 8:30 till 3 so I will have lots of 1 on 1 time with baby j luckily :) 

heck we don't even have crib sheets (but that's ages away). 

H never slept much in the swing, he liked it well enough, but I always just put him down in the pack n play/play yard or once older in his crib. I just need something else for around the house. maybe we'll get both if we can find used ones that I feel comfy with. For some reason, I worry if they've been assembled correctly, if there's been a recall yaddah yaddah :) 

• Options
    Travel Swing. Small like a bouncer and if toddler tips over baby (which is almost impossible in the travel swing) they are only 3 inches from the ground. Plus my toddlers always liked to sit in the swing too (around 30lbs). 
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options
    We were so low key the second time.  We had "everything," but we only ever used a carrier.  Aaron didn't like swings or bouncers, he wanted to be on me 24/7.  We got some use from a tummy time mat and a mirror, and eventually a high chair.  When he was two, we got a double stroller.  Up to that point wearing him while having our older child in the single stroller worked well.
  • Options

Thanks gals!

Now to figure out if I have swaddle blankets and stuff hanging out around the house in boxes yet unpacked :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"