Northern California Babies
Options

What size area rug?

I'm trying to finish up the nursery...yeah, she's 6 months old already, but we moved 4 weeks before she was born, so I'm just happy we got it painted.

The room is small, just under 11x10. I found a rug I love, but I can't bring myself to pay $800 on a rug for her room for the 8x10...would the 5x8 look stupid. The furniture in there is pretty big: munire essex crib, ikea hemnes dresser (the long one) and the 8 opening expedit that is currently horizontal, and a big recliner/glider. 

This is the rug I want. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What size area rug?

• Options

Don't know if this interests you, but a local mom has a brand new Restoration Hardware rug that she wants to sell for 60. It is 3 x 5 so depending... it is a nice H on it... in this style.  https://www.rhbabyandchild.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=rhbc_prod139036&categoryId=rhbc_cat199011 But with an H. 

Just thought of you... and it is a heck of a deal. She has a boy, and thought the pink was overkill for a boy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think the 5x8 would be perfect.  Do you have any painters tape at home?  If so mark out what it would look like so you can see how much space that really takes up, I think it will surprise you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you'll be happy with the 5x8 with all the furniture you've got. The painters tape is a great idea.

I used to have a rug in my bedroom in college and it was so big that I always had issues with the clearance at the bottom of the door and the rug getting in the way when I went to open/close it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    The 8x10 would be way too big.  I think the 5x8 would work well.  I like the idea of marking out the size before you purchase.  That is a pretty rug. :)
  • Options
    Thanks all, I"m going to mark it off tonight and hopefully order it. I'm hoping she'll play more in her room once we have a rug in there (and can move some of the bazillion toys our of the living room back into her room).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"