Natural Birth

IUD pregnancy????

I'm not quiet sure where to post this question, it's been awhile since I've been on thebump. (DS is almost 9 months old, therefore, it's been about 9 months). I have an IUD (Mirena) and I've been getting alot of pregnancy-like symptoms (Nausea, tender breasts, frequent urination, etc), but I've been having some cramping and some red/pinkish/brownish spotting. I haven't had a period since before DS was concieved, and I bled from the Mirena for about 9 weeks. I've taken a pregnancy test, which was negative. I guess my actual question is, Has anyone gotten pregnant on Mirena? If so, how were you able to tell? (Same symptoms as a "normal" pregnancy?). Am I just testing too early? I never had any noticable symptom with DS or DD....Any advice would be wonderful!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUD pregnancy????

• I would call your doctor, because from what I remember there were very serious warnings about pregnancy and the Mirena. Nothing is 100%, so I guess there is a very slim chance. Have you been BF? Maybe a drop in BF could trigger a period to come on stronger, or if you stopped altogether that can happen too. I'm sure this isn't too helpful, but a pregnancy with an IUD could be very dangerous. Definitely call the doc soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. 

I also suggest you call your Dr.  Sounds like something is off with the Mirena or your body just doesn't like it.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • I had Mirena removed to TTC. So it worked for me. We were PG four months later. I have heard stories though of it not being effective. The best thing you can do, even if just for peace of mind, is to go to the doc.
  • Definitely go to the doctor! My good friend had an IUD put in because of serious health risks to her if she got pregnant again. And she still got pregnant, even with the IUD in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got pregnant with a Paragard in and my sister got pregnant with a Mirena. Neither turned out well but both came up positive on a HPT.  If you're that concerned, I'd call your doctor.  Speaking from experience, pregnancy with an IUD is not something you want to have go unchecked.
  • Alright. I was hoping to hear from someone firsthand. Was is the same symptoms? Did you have light bleeding? If it's not too painful to tell, may I ask what happend? If you don't want to go into details I understand, I'm just a nervous wreck and wanting to know as much as I can....
  • imageLady713Luck:
    Alright. I was hoping to hear from someone firsthand. Was is the same symptoms? Did you have light bleeding? If it's not too painful to tell, may I ask what happend? If you don't want to go into details I understand, I'm just a nervous wreck and wanting to know as much as I can....

You're in my T & Ps! I have no firsthand knowledge besides what I know of what happened with my friend (with health risks). They were able to remove the IUD and the baby was fine. 

• I don't think we are going to be able to tell you what you want to hear.  You need to call your Dr. and get in right away- even if it turns out nothing is wrong, it will make you feel better.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• defniitely call your provider. 

i was pregnant briefly last fall with the paragard IUD. i didn't know until i m/c'd and based on my symptoms and the sketchy hpt results (bfp, then bfn twice in a span of 36hrs) that it was likely i had an ectopic.

ectopics often don't show up on hpt nearly as early as intrauterine pregnancies.

please go check! and let us know! will be thinking about you. 

• imageLady713Luck:
    Alright. I was hoping to hear from someone firsthand. Was is the same symptoms? Did you have light bleeding? If it's not too painful to tell, may I ask what happend? If you don't want to go into details I understand, I'm just a nervous wreck and wanting to know as much as I can....

I PM'd you

• You need to call your doctor.

My sister got pregnant with her 3rd while on a Mirena. She was nauseous, took a test, and it was positive. She still has the ultrasound picture of the 7w baby on one side of her uterus, and the Mirena next to it on the other side. They removed the Mirena that day, and told her she had roughly a 20% chance of miscarrying because of it. Did another ultrasound a week  later, and baby was still growing. Grace will be 3 in July.

TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well thank you all for you stories and advice. I called my midwife's office and the nurse said that all of my symptoms are side effects of Mirena. So how the f*ck am I supposed to know if I'm ever pregnant if I always have pregnancy symptoms??? This Mirena business is starting to annoy me.... Gaaaah! Anyway, thank you all again for all your T&Ps!
  • They say there is a 1% chance of pregnancy with IUD, and I'm 1 of those lucky ones. I am confirmed pregnant with HPT and blood work, but an ultrasound is not showing anything yet. My Hcg levels are a bit low, too. So, it's likely that it's either too early (not sure of LMP or OD because I didn't think I needed to track these now) or that I'm having a miscarriage.

Just wanted to say good luck and to let everyone else on this board know it's not impossible to get preg with IUD. My husband and I are in shock.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"