August 2012 Moms
Options

Intro and question re cribs

So I've been lurking long enough...I had some spotting so was a little worried but doc says everything is ok, just to take it easy.  I'm due on August 24th and we are really excited for our first baby!  I've really enjoyed reading all the posts so far, seems like a good group :)

My question: we aren't quite ready to buy the crib yet but I've been looking around and noticed in some reviews that petite moms had a hard time when the mattress was on the lower setting...I'm 4'11" and just wondered if anyone had found a good crib for short moms.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro and question re cribs

• Options
    Some of the ikea cribs are really low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    I do have that problem. I'm barely 5'1 and have his crib on the middle setting, and with my belly getting a little bigger, its getting harder and harder to get him in there. I would go to the store and test them out before you order something. I will definitely be doing that this time. 
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really thought I'd have a problem as well, but the lower the crib's mattress goes, the older LO is... in turn they pick their arms up for you to reach them easier, are kneeling, sitting, or eventually standing.. hence you having to lower the mattress... making it easier again to reach LO, because they're practically reaching for you. When they're newborn or still not mobile they are in the crib at the highest mattress setting, and you really shouldn't have too much of a problem reaching into the crib at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pottery Barn Kids makes one of their cribs in "low-profile" and it gets great reviews. I am 5'4", and we are still considering it.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Thanks for the input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"