Detroit Babies
Options

goldfish swim school, birmingham

Has anyone taken their little ones to this specific location? we would like to visit during open swim- Did you like it there?... I know this seems like a silly question but is the water warm there? All of these places claim to have indoor heated water but the water always seems so cold! lol I know cuddlebug is not going to enjoy her time there if there if the waters is cold. If all goes well- we might consider enrolling her into swim classes there.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: goldfish swim school, birmingham

• Options

You can look online and they list the temperature of the water at all times.

We've taken DS to open swim a few times and liked it. They have lots of toys and things the kids can play with in the water. We don't go to Friday evening though because it gets crazy busy and there are often lots of confident swimmers who splash and jump and it makes DS uneasy. 

I would love to sign him up for classes, but I don't have $79/month to pay for swim classes when it is so much more reasonable at other pools.

• Options
    wow thanks soo much! .... oh geesh yeah I knew they were more expensive but could not remember. Defiantly worth the trip for open swim though! thanks again =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekenleysmommy081010:
    wow thanks soo much! .... oh geesh yeah I knew they were more expensive but could not remember. Defiantly worth the trip for open swim though! thanks again =)

It's most definitely worth it for open swim. On week days the most I've ever seen is 3-4 other families split between the two pools. So it's definitely low key and a good environment to introduce LO to the water. Have fun!

ETA: Here is the list of fees for you.

• Options
    Good to know! sounds perfect.... thank you! yes their fees are outrageous!.... A few months ago we enrolled cuddlebug into swim classes at the warren community center- they were only a time fee of $45- looks like we mine as well go there- I can see paying start up fees on top of a $78 per month fee..... a bit much! haha
  • Options
    Check out the Troy community center.  Their pool is definitely heated. We took our little one there for infant swim classes and the fees are SUPER reasonable and the class sizes were small and initmate.  We will be re-enrolling him for toddler classes.  I will also be taking adult swim classes.  I need a refresher since it has been years since I actually did more in a pool besides lay on a floatie and relax :)
  • Options
    Good to know thank you!  I will def check them out! We had our lil one in infant swim classes at the warren community center- and they were really reasonable price wise- the pool area was great and clean however- their infant class runs from 6 months to 2 1/2 years old. I want to put her in a class somewhere else otherwise she will just be taking the same class all over again not doing anything different than she did before- and at that point its like we mine as well just take her swimming ourselves! lol ... thanks soo much- I will def be giving them a call =)
  • Options
    Goldfish is totally worth it! We love it for our boys.
  • Options

great thanks! 

Its not that I doubt goldfish its just a little too out of our price range right now- perhaps if she was older I would consider it- but at her age its really just about getting her used to the water - but def will ck out troy! -thx =) 

• Options
    How much does open swim cost?  My manager's kids go there and he loves it but the price is kind of crazy for lessons.
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Options
    That information I could not find on the site so I think you are going to have to give them a call and ask about rates. What bothers me the most about these places- when they have open free time is the limited amount of time to be able to be there- if I am reading it correctly open swim is one hour long. same with the gymnastics place I have been wanting to take her- its hard when you have to work around your little ones schedule- I have been wanting to take her to that gymnastic gym but its like from 12:30-1:30 right at lunch and nap time. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"