Food Allergy

Soy intolerance in infants-symptoms?

We're getting rid of dairy, but does a soy intolerance present itself in the same way as dairy? I just want to know what to look for if the absence of dairy isn't fixing DS' issues. We've only had one green poop, but have plenty of mucus and the telltale red ring :(
Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011

Re: Soy intolerance in infants-symptoms?

• For us DD got the raised rash and mucous stools after having some rice cereal with soy in it.  I wasn't sure if it was the cereal or the soy since we skipped over soy and went right to alimentum but I tried a soy free rice cereal and she didn't get a rash with that.  It does take awhile for the dairy to leave the digestive system though.  I know when we switched DD to similac alimentum from BM and goodstart it took about 4 weeks to have the mucus stools stop completely.  If it doesn't stop within a month and he continues to have the rash I would assume there is a soy issue too.  GL and HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks! we're a week in and still have the mucus, which i expected. i'm giving it 3 weeks and then we'll reevaluate for soy, but i didn't know what to expect.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"