Baby Showers

Favorite Games?

Hi Ladies, I tried to use the search function and had some trouble.

Can you please tell my your favorite and least favorite baby shower games?

Thanks!

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13

Re: Favorite Games?

• imagelulamagoo:

Hi Ladies, I tried to use the search function and had some trouble.

Can you please tell my your favorite and least favorite baby shower games?

Thanks!

Favorite: Anything that is not the normal games :)

Least: The baby pin game where you put on a pin and if you say baby, if someone hears you they get to take it off. I don't like it because its awkward, and no one wants to take the pin off the MTB and if you do IMO you look like a jerk. Also, it gets really annoying when people try to make you say baby. Plus why should you not say baby, at a baby shower? That's just dumb to me. Sorry I rambled so much.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really have a favorite as I hate games but if I had to pick one I would say the Registry Bingo because you really don't have to do anything.  And you don't have to play if you don't want to and no one will know.  Or the "Guess How Many Candies are in the Bottle" game.

Least favorite:  Anything that humiliates the mother to be.  Like measuring the inches around her stomach or guessing how much she weighs.  I would probably sock someone in the face if they tried to do that to me!  Also, anything that involves passing fake poopy diapers around or tasting baby food.  Those are just not activities that I have a desire to do...at a shower or anywhere else. 

• Loading the player...
  • I actually don't mind the measure the belly game, and the bingo game is fun because like pp said you don't have to do much!

HATE the poopy candy diaper game and the unscramble games, it's too much work!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh and decorating games are fun, like decorating a bib or onesies...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like this one: Divide the whole group into two teams. Each team stands in a line and one by one has to blow up a balloon and stuff it up her shirt. The first team to finish wins. 

Also: Nursery rhyme trivia fill in the blank

And: Everyone brings a baby picture of themselves and you have to guess who is who. 

• imagejsillyfun:

And: Everyone brings a baby picture of themselves and you have to guess who is who. 

That's actually a really good one! Other passable games are the baby food guessing game IF you don't allow folks to taste it. That's gross. Blueberry and beet always fool people and it's quick/painless. Someone can take the food home, too. Another one is for the mom-to-be to leave the room and everyone has to write down what she was wearing, if they can remember.

Worst one is definitely the melted-candy-bar-in-diaper-game. I mean, srsly, beyond words. :)

• I dislike any game that includes drinking, tasting or smelling anything.  I refuse to participate (and I love shower games!).

A fun game that doesn't involve too much is for the MTB to walk around with a tray filled with several baby-related items (about 20 or so).  The hostess just says a few times that everyone needs to look very carefully.  Don't stand for a long time in front of everyone...maybe a couple of seconds.  Then the MTB leaves the room and the people have to write down the answers to questions about the MTB...was she wearing a necklace, earrings, how many, what color was her top, pants, dress, etc., did she have on a ring, how many, any hair accessories, make-up, what color was her eye shadow.  Usually there are about 15 questions and some are kind of hard.  The person who gets the most correct wins.  People are not expecting the questions to be about the MTB...they have been concentrating on the tray she was carrying.  The hostess has to make sure she does NOT mention the tray when she is telling them they will need to use their memories. 

• For a shower I'm hosting, we're going split into teams to play "Minute to Win it" type games. Like building a cradle out of toothpick and marshmallows (fun size "Baby Ruth" has to be able to lay in it without toughing the ground), and the oreo game (get an oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands). And keeping two feathers in the air for 60 seconds with only your breath. And maybe a few other games like drawing a baby on a paper plate on your head (and MTB picks the winner).
  • I like guessing games for showers.  For instance, you have a bunch of baby items that someone purchased and you have to guess how much each item is.  Or fill-in-the-blank for nursery rhymes.

I can't stand the poopy diaper game.  My sister did this game at my shower and I hated it, but pasted a smile on my face and participated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagejsillyfun:

I like this one: Divide the whole group into two teams. Each team stands in a line and one by one has to blow up a balloon and stuff it up her shirt. The first team to finish wins. 

Also: Nursery rhyme trivia fill in the blank

These all sound great!  

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Thank you ladies for your recommendations!

I too hate the "poopy" diaper game, yuck! 

You all really gave really creative ideas, thank you!

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • measure belly

bingo

and i actually do like the pin game where you cant say baby

its fun to me!

ive played once where you have a pan of rice and your blindfolded and have to find diaper pins in there. its really hard but fun at the same time! 

Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"