Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft and insomnia

I took Celexa for PPD for about 1w but could not sleep at all. I just lied there in bed, exhausted and drowsy while my mind felt busy and racing.

Not only that, but my EBF daughter suddenly stopped STTN and woke up hourly.

I got it switched to Zoloft (50mg), which I understand has a even lower transfer rate to baby than Celexa. I am no longer worried about the effects on my baby as much, but will I be able to sleep?

Any consistent and persistent insomnia noted by some of the ladies here that take Zoloft?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zoloft and insomnia

• Options
    I've taken Zoloft for years.  I'm not typically a great sleeper anyway, but it definitely doesn't make it worse.  In fact, I just got bumped up to 100mg a day (after baby) and I'm actually sleeping better than I ever remember sleeping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had horrid zoloft side effects. I also took celexa first. The insomnia with the zoloft was unreal. I also ended up with some of the extreme side effects (hallucinations, etc). I am sorry if that freaked you out, and know that a lot of those side effects are rare and/or go away after about 6 weeks. I hope it works well for you though because it is one of the best for pregnancy/new moms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well so far so good. Other than some mild drowsyness, nausea and dry mouth. The nausea's gone now and I know the drowsyness won't stick around once I get used to it.

My daughter and I are sleeping!!!!! No insomnia!! I am so relieved. 

Thanks for your replies, ladies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    did fine before on it, and so far, seem fine now. But my LO isnt STTN yet.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"